Mil-air in Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I have milair setup in my scanner and i have yet to hear anything, i'm i missing something or wrong frequencies programed.

JoeyC

Best way to find milAir is to SEARCH the band. Forget about programming specific freqs until you have listened for a month and know what is used. What is used in one area may not be in another and even what is used today may not be used tomorrow in some cases. You should find some ATC freqs in the UHF band that should stay consistent though that are simulcasts of the controller end with VHF. Also, make sure you have a decent antenna. Of course you need to be within a hundred miles or so of bases to hear air traffic. Also, daytime is more active than nights.

kennyblues

Check out; New England Milcom - Scan New England Wiki
There has been quite a lot of activity in the last few weeks with the MA ANG, & the VT ANG. Also check out the Mid Air Refueling Frequencies as they can be at times quite active. Also keeping in mind that outside of of some refueling that happens in the early evening, most of the training activity happens during the day, mid mornings and early afternoon, mostly Monday thru Friday.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nice to see someone picked up my articles and built on them...

I would also pay attention to this forum at Scan New England that specifically addresses Milcom...

New England MILCOM - Scan New England Forums

You didn't say anything about your antenna, csx. This is one game where a discone, scantenna or similar (such as the ones sold by DPD productions) mounted outside nice and high, fed with good coax are a must. You can get by on an indoor antenna if you're close to a major route (like me), but that's the best way to go.

73 Mike

D

DaveNF2G

NY Statewide Government contains some MA military air frequencies. Scroll down to the Military subheader. There are frequencies for ATC, air refueling, and some of the Air Guard units listed there.

D

DaveNF2G

Still working on the railroad?

And seriously, is MA worse than NY for earning a living?

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Well David, it's certainly no better other then gas prices are around 20 cents cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.