Mil Air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
260.90 - Combat Air Patrol in progress over Boston - 1132PM - Huntress is the controller

lots of info in the Maryland MilAirIV thread

TinEar

Are you sure this was Air Force One? It was still parked at Mass Military Reservation (formerly Otis ANGB) as of this morning.

If you mean the VC-25A (82-8000) is parked at Otis, that still works. He was flying in the C-20 (85-0050) to go from MVY to wherever the departure ceremony was so that aircraft became Air Force 1 for the trip.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Air Force One (the BIG plane) has been, and still is, up on MMR as I type. I know this for a fact as I have worked up there all week.

TinEar

Air Force One (the BIG plane) has been, and still is, up on MMR as I type. I know this for a fact as I have worked up there all week.

Okay, thanks. That still fits with all the activity heard today though - keeping in mind that any plane the president flies on becomes Air Force 1. He was on the aircraft that normally flies (and later in the day flew) as SAM 50050 so, while he was aboard, it became Air Force 1. That's the only point I was trying to make. The one sitting at Otis, at least for now, is VENUS 01 if it has to fly without the president aboard.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
From watching the news it looked like the type of aircraft that he flew in on was a US Air Force Gulfstream III (C20-B). I think two other C20-B's flew in ahead of AF1 with the Callsign SAM.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Okay, thanks. That still fits with all the activity heard today though - keeping in mind that any plane the president flies on becomes Air Force 1. He was on the aircraft that normally flies (and later in the day flew) as SAM 50050 so, while he was aboard, it became Air Force 1. That's the only point I was trying to make. The one sitting at Otis, at least for now, is VENUS 01 if it has to fly without the president aboard.

No problem. Just didn't want folks to think the BIG Plane was used for the weekend's activities.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Sunday - 1235PM EDT - Huntress told Zombie 44 that Harass 54 was Mode C 24040, and Harass 55 was 7376 - I might have reveresed 54 and 55 - Zombie 43 (fuel tanker)was just cleared to the North to go home - Zombie 44 now working apparently - 24,000 feet mentioned - I think that 1 fighter was just relieved also - Huntress coming in OK in Boston at this moment. Fighters at 23 and below. Peter sz

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Heard just a moment ago on MSP SOPS-1;

Marine One is wheels up, heading to your location. Sounds like they are heading towards Mass Military Reservation (formerly Otis ANGB?)

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I think that transmission from MSP was delayed somewhat, as I now can hear Marine One overhead. No way it got up here THAT quickly! Too cloudy to see anything, flight pattern too far away from my location but it was up there just a moment ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.