mil freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
this might be old news(discovery) for this website but i found
MilAirComms Real-Time Frequency Logger MilAir Comms Spotter Network

02/05/14 18:38:52 293.6000 DAYTONA BEACH, FL SATAN
02/05/14 18:27:04 256.7500 DAYTONA BEACH, FL SATAN (F-22) and SPIRIT 1 (B-2 ??)

An aircraft with a Callsign of Satan arouses my suspicion, and seems extreamly odd to me.
And, a B-2 with a callsign of "Spirit 1" also arouses my suspicion, as aircraft callsigns do not "Normally" come right out and identify the aircraft. Now yes, aircraft call sign lists are most everywhere, and are accessable if you know where to find them. But me being formerly in the Military, I definately find the callsign "Satan" questionable, and would ask if you in fact did hear the callsign right.

And....JUST because it is on the internet, DOES NOT mean it is true. I.E - frequency lists, radio frequencys, call signs.

That is why I research radio frequencys myself by listening to my scanners ( VHF-Low - VHF-High - UHF - MILAIR - Satellites ).

"Satan" and "Spirit 1". Not saying it is not true, but I am saying it is highly suspicious and questionable.

FF-Medic !!!

lotsofradios

Banned
I live about 15 miles north of where that website is out of and when looking at his MilAirComms Real-Time Frequency Logger MilAir Comms Spotter Network this afternoon I tuned into the frequency. I did hear a tanker talking to SEALORD and make mention he was waiting for a flight of 4 F-22s. I run proscan software and have the recordings if you would like. Actually I think I remember him telling SEALORD that it was SATAN flight he was waiting for.

I just listened to the SEALORD recording, without question SATAN flight was a flight of 4 F-22's. If you send me a message with your email I will be glad to send you the recording and you can listen for yourself. My recordings pretty much verify everything that was stated above except for SPIRIT being a B-2. I do have a recording of SPIRIT but if they've heard SPIRIT being a B-2 before it would be a good guess its a B-2 since there was only 1 SPIRIT in that flight.

Also heard the callsign SPIRIT 1, I personally didn't hear him self id as a B-2.

You said aircraft do not normally come out and normally id what type of aircraft they are. Here in central florida it does happen often especially when the aircraft are entering the Pinecastle Range Complex they often give the controller their aircraft type and what types of bombs they are going to be dropping along with how many rounds of ammunition they will be firing.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I know when I was in the Air Force, 30+ years ago, the aircraft call signs changed daily and were classified confidential or secret. We would get a new list daily and it was burned at 2400 but I can't remember it was local or Zulu. Since at my home radar site we didn't handle aircraft 24 hours a day it was the job of the on duty crew chief and and next ranking enlisted to take of the confidential materials from the previous day. At the ORI sites I wasn't on any ops crews so I don't remember what happened and we handled aircraft 24 hours a day during their ORI events.

I mean as stated above you just need to listen for a while and someone will slip and you can make the correlation between the call sign and type of aircraft.

lotsofradios

Banned
Today there is a difference between squadron and tactical callsigns. Squadron callsigns rarely change, squadron callsigns are used for training and talking with controllers (ATC, FACSFAC, Range, etc). Tactical callsigns are used on actual real-world missions and do change. I don't know how often. During super major exercises here in FL I do not think the tactical callsign changes daily. During our last big aircraft carrier exercise the same tactical calls were used several days before changed.

I lived here in FL many years then moved, now back in FL FANG and SNAKE were always FANG and SNAKE and still are FANG and SNAKE as are a bunch of calls still the same after 10+ years. And SAM29000 / Air Force One has been SAM29000 / Air Force One since day one.

SCPD

QRT

lotsofradios

Banned
SATAN also is callsign used by the 43rd FS Tyndall AFB, Florida. Flying the F-22A Raptor.

Here is two different sources of mil listeners hearing and reporting on their website, these are very current sources, check out the dates:
Savannah Sentry; 03 February 2014 | KF4LMT's Radio Shack
Military Comms Military Callsign Database

And here is source that F-22A's are flown by the 43rd FS:
http://www.tyndall.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4861

And if any one would like I do have a recording of tanker DIXIE telling the controller he is waiting for a flight of 4 F-22's, DIXIE pilot can be hear very clearly saying that SATAN will be the callsign of the F-22s. Send me your email address and I'll be glad to send the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.