milair equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

i absolutely LOVE my vx-6r. it's my take to work/go everywhere radio. i was considering purchasing a second one. i did take the stock antenna <almost useless> off. i replaced it with a rubber whip off of an old alinco.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
one of the local bases (Cherry Point MCAS) will not allow you bring any "... scanner capable of transmitting..." on base.
so you could not use this radio there. i cant bring my Icom ic-7 either. you can bring all the cell phones you want. and last time i was there Nextels were everywhere. young girls with ample assests could carry there FRS radios.

Fast1eddie

Don't you think that leaving the microphone at home makes the radio incapable of transmitting???? Like the MP's would check??? And if they bust you would they subject you to a day of belittlement from a DI??? Please.

vdubb16

Ive worked aboard cherry point for 5 years, antennas displayed proudly ontop my truck vhf, cb, scanner and vhf portable all in plain sight. Never once asked about them

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
anyone have/has used a yaesu ft-60 put any milair in it ?. how did it do ?.
The FT-60 is an excellent mil air receiver. I had one for 4 years and used it to listen to aerial refueling, norad comms, and fighters all on VHF (138-144) and UHF. I used it with a Diamond SRH77-CA. Audio was strong with good quieting, especially on AM. It ranks up there at the top of ham transceivers with mil air capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.