MILAIR Ocean County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Folks,

Often when I am sitting on the beach in Ocean County in the Toms River / Seaside Heights
are I see MILAR aircraft flying overhead. What the the best freq's to tune in for there communications.
Can it be narrowed down to only a few or does one have to listen to a wide range of them.

Thanks

Tony

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Check out the wiki page for military air. Under the US Air Force there is a list of frequencies for McGuire and Lakehurst. It is hit or miss monitoring military aircraft. Load lots of frequencies and see what comes up.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Planes traversing the area around MAFB in Wrightstown will mostly use 124.15. See http://w2xq.com/bm-scan-nj-burlington.html#mafb. You might also check the Atlantic City area for military aero traffic. HTH.

MillerAirport1

Premium Subscriber
Response for Military Aircraft over OC beaches

I monitor 124.150 on my Grundig from 10 miles inland. That seems to be best. You may also want to get a list of Military Call Signs, you will find out what type of aircraft you are seeing, 127.775 is good for Lakehurst I think??

mondaro

Feed Provider
Thank you,

Also how about those sign towing aircraft what are the best freqs to monitor thoes.
Also are people still flying around in the ultra light aircraft down there ?

Have a great weekend !!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.