Milair RX on RSP1A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hey All,

I have been trying to monitor the milair band with the RSP1A and it is splattered with FM radio station images. I use SDRuno and SDR Console and haven't had much luck wiping these out. Any suggestions on a solution other than an FM bandstop filter? I know there used to be a software FM notch filter in SDRuno, but I can't find it in the current version.

Thanks!
Mark

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Therein lies the problem.........

Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change to activate the filter?
Also double-checking, I guess I have the RSP1 and not the 1A. Wat this not available on the RSP!?No notch.jpg

jonohudson

That's right: the original RSP1 did not have this filter. The RSP1A has AM, FM and DAB broadcast bandnotch filters which are software selectable , as do the RSPdx and the RSPduo.

DeepBlue

I believe you need the physical hardware in the SDRPlay unit to switch in the filter. The 1 likely doesn't have that (I had one but don't recall) but my Pro version does. You can get inexpensive outboard AM and FM broadcast band filters via eBay and Amazon. I added one to my other receivers with those I bought. Sometimes even the built in SDRPlay filter didn't kill everything in my area, bigger city so they helped there too. Look for a pair of AM and FM broadcast band filters.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.