Milan Village PD

dryfb

Have Milan Village PD in my scan list and haven't ever heard anything on it, their license is also expired. Possible I've heard it and didn't see it but does anyone know if they still use that frequency or if they're dispatched on another department's freq? Thanks in advance

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The License is not only expired but has been canceled... Did not see them show up anywhere else in RR's database either...
So if there being dispatched by another dept I couldn't find anything...

MilanV.jpg

dryfb

Interesting, up at the lake rn so didn't have a chance to look on my laptop at the FCC site. Looks likes it'll be a lot of listening to figure out who's channel they're on

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I was looking to see if they showed up on another dept like shown below... But didn't see anything...

MilanV1.jpg

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I know...
I hear them thru the Lorain County Marcs IP site...
It's very interesting to see and hear how the 5-City P25 Phase ll Radio System over in Lorain County is beginning to take shape. The bureaucratic BS that was involved in actually getting there was one for the books!

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
"Don't forget that Bay Village PD & FD are a part of WestCom, which operates on the Ohio MARCS-IP network."

By the way... My post #4... Thats Bay View Villiage...
Thats in Erie County...

dryfb

They are dispatched by the Erie County Sheriff's Office. The only agencies in Erie County not dispatched by the SO are North Central EMS, Vermilion PD and Vermilion Fire.
Yeah, not sure what channel they dispatch them on though. I'm thinking it may be the SO's freq but I'm not up there anymore so can't confirm it, next time I'm up there I'll try to figure it out though.

firemedic19

Premium Subscriber
I apologize, I could have been more clear. Milan PD is dispatched on the sheriff's main frequency, 453.9500. Their unit numbers are in the 5900's. The SO usually calls them as "Milan 5901, 5902" and so on.

dryfb

I apologize, I could have been more clear. Milan PD is dispatched on the sheriff's main frequency, 453.9500. Their unit numbers are in the 5900's. The SO usually calls them as "Milan 5901, 5902" and so on.
Awesome! Thank you!

dryfb

Also remember that barely anything happens in that town, so don't be surprised if you rarely hear anything, lol.
Oh yeah, that's why I wasn't shocked I never heard anything related to them lol. This great news for my scan list, already takes a good chunk of time to land on a channel.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
If you look at my post #4 there is only 2 other entities shown besides the SO... Bay View Village and Castalia...
You should submit a data change ticket to add what is missing.

Ticket.jpg

wd8chl

Milan PD has been dispatched by ECSO for several years now, and that's where they are.

wd8chl

And I don't know why Bay Village or anything in Cuyahoga or Lorain Co. got into the conversation...lol...