Military Air BC125 AT

blakem445

Just recently got this radio my question is what is the best Antenna for Military Air?

I have searched on here but only found things for more of a base set up and I will be mobile with my usage. I will be using this for Airshows and general air listening. I did see a nice antenna on Scanner Master however they are sold out and have not been in stock for some time now. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
For airshows and the like, I use a Diamond RH-77CA. It does a great job on civilian Air and Military aircraft. Mobilewise, I just use my Tri-band ham antenna and it works great for me. The antenna is an Anli DC-124H; Black "NMO" Base thread 2M/220/440 HiGain FoldOver, 4.0/4.5/5.5.db. You can still find them on Amazon.

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
Has anyone got any reports on the DPD Miltenna? Personally I use an aircraft antenna (similar to that on my avatar photo) with great success. Check ebay. But will suit UFH only of course.

M

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
Am thinking of designing a decent and proper for-purpose V/U Rx base station antenna, if anybody is interested PM me.
M