Military Air Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Colo/Wy military list for the PSREdit file they can share with me? I'm not sure how to put the military in my scanner, I have pro-106/197 scanner. Do I put it in like all my other stuff I have in the scanner. What is the best to listen to up north Colorado in military frequencies? Can I hit them up by Loveland/Ft. Collins? Thanks for all your help!

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
I lived in Severance until 2016 and I monitored a lot of mil-air frequencies up there.
Input the frequencies like your other frequencies, just remember aviation frequencies are AM modulation unlike the NFM.
The UH-1 helos out of FE Warren use 271.9 and 308.8 using the callsign “Blade xx”
The Wyoming Air National Guard (C-130) use 257.1 and 239.975 callsign “Teton xx”
The Wyoming Army National Guard use 134.1 and 242.4, don‘t remember the callsign.
There are 2 air refueling tracks that run West/East just North of the Colo/Wyo state line.
AR 11 235.1
AR 14 336.1 and 359.1
add these for some general air to air talk:
A lot of UH-60 Blackhawk traffic was always flying North/South along the front range, I could never catch an air to air frequency.
Hopefully others will add some more frequencies.
73, Rex

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Rex for all the info.....Does anyone out there know the frequencies of the UH-60 Blackhawk traffic that was always flying North/South along the front range?

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
What are the CC for the blackhawks 1228 & 1229 TG's? Do I put in all of Arapahoe County CC's or does Buckley AFB have there own CC's?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
The Buckley AFB helos use those talk groups but usually when they're on SAR missions in Rocky Mountain Park and elsewhere. I leave it active when I'm monitoring. It's not uncommon to hear the military helos on 123.025 MHz over downtown Denver, this is for air to air coordination to avoid other traffic over Denver. Rex gave you some great freq's for northern Colorado and southern Wyoming.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I should mention that most, if not all air to air comms for the Buckley F-16s use Have Quick timing (frequency hopping) so they're virtually impossible to monitor any more for the plane to plane stuff. You can still hear them on the ATC freqs in the area.

milcom_chaser

What are the CC for the blackhawks 1228 & 1229 TG's? Do I put in all of Arapahoe County CC's or does Buckley AFB have there own CC's?
The National Guard Helo's out of Buckley can use any site in the Colorado State Radio System. So, program your radio with the CC's for the site nearest you in Larimar County if that's where your at, and you will hear them wherever they are in the State. Pretty cool.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
The National Guard Helo's out of Buckley can use any site in the Colorado State Radio System. So, program your radio with the CC's for the site nearest you in Larimar County if that's where your at, and you will hear them wherever they are in the State. Pretty cool.
Hi milcom_chaser, I'm new to military helo's/aircraft so what CC's would I program in to in Larimer county or near Larimer County? Thank you....

tyytor

I lived in Severance until 2016 and I monitored a lot of mil-air frequencies up there.
Input the frequencies like your other frequencies, just remember aviation frequencies are AM modulation unlike the NFM.
The UH-1 helos out of FE Warren use 271.9 and 308.8 using the callsign “Blade xx”
The Wyoming Air National Guard (C-130) use 257.1 and 239.975 callsign “Teton xx”
The Wyoming Army National Guard use 134.1 and 242.4, don‘t remember the callsign.
There are 2 air refueling tracks that run West/East just North of the Colo/Wyo state line.
AR 11 235.1
AR 14 336.1 and 359.1
add these for some general air to air talk:
A lot of UH-60 Blackhawk traffic was always flying North/South along the front range, I could never catch an air to air frequency.
Hopefully others will add some more frequencies.
73, Rex
Hi call sign now for wy army ng uh-60's grit ## , always subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.