Military Air WNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

I have all the refueling and military ARTCC frequencies as well as the base frequencies for Niagara Falls ARB and I'm hearing nothing! Anybody have a list of active military frequencies for WNY? I have an external antenna that has worked very well across the board in other locations (dual band Slim Jim). Scanner is a Uniden BCD436HP. Also have an SDS100 but I leave it on the Niagara TRS exclusively. I'm in Lewiston NY for the summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

NYAirOne

I have all the refueling and military ARTCC frequencies as well as the base frequencies for Niagara Falls ARB and I'm hearing nothing! Anybody have a list of active military frequencies for WNY? I have an external antenna that has worked very well across the board in other locations (dual band Slim Jim). Scanner is a Uniden BCD436HP. Also have an SDS100 but I leave it on the Niagara TRS exclusively. I'm in Lewiston NY for the summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

You won't hear anything on the Nia Falls Base freqs. They are encrypted. You should be able to pickup AR206 low and high track without a problem. How high up is your antenna?

Mike445

You won't hear anything on the Nia Falls Base freqs. They are encrypted. You should be able to pickup AR206 low and high track without a problem. How high up is your antenna?
My antenna is about 30 feet up. I finally heard some refueling the other night. I guess I’m just used to what I hear at home in Southwest Arkansas. There’s a lot more traffic down there. Thank you!
Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can also try this dropbox that has a lot of info (including the AP1A and AP1B) in it - from December but should still be good. It belongs to one of our members...

And a Facebook group along with a groups.io reflector...

Mike

Mike445

You can also try this dropbox that has a lot of info (including the AP1A and AP1B) in it - from December but should still be good. It belongs to one of our members...

And a Facebook group along with a groups.io reflector...

Mike
Thank you. I’ll check it out. Much appreciated.
Mike

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike, I am on the other end of that refueling track and just south of AR-609 over the Tug Hill. I can't say I have heard a ton for 206 lately, 609 is usually active several times a week. I have found using a site like ADS Exchange give me a little heads up of what might be around. You should also program Huntress frequencies in, they are good for US and Canada. They seem to be co-located with FAA transmitter sites. I've heard some interesting stuff on there occasionally.

Mike445

Hey Mike, I am on the other end of that refueling track and just south of AR-609 over the Tug Hill. I can't say I have heard a ton for 206 lately, 609 is usually active several times a week. I have found using a site like ADS Exchange give me a little heads up of what might be around. You should also program Huntress frequencies in, they are good for US and Canada. They seem to be co-located with FAA transmitter sites. I've heard some interesting stuff on there occasionally.
Awesome thank you. I will have to see what I’ve got for huntress. I honestly don’t know. I have a bunch of NORAD and common frequencies.
Mike

Mike445

Hey Mike, AR-206 was actually active this afternoon with a tanker, callsign JEEP, trying to get some work in along the track.
Thank you! I missed it this afternoon as we were installing new Wi-Fi in the campground. I did hear a little bit tonight though.

I’m glad I have all my scanners with me because there’s an announcement coming I believe tomorrow that the cancelled Thunder of Niagara is back on and will be held at the Buffalo waterfront!
Mike

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
For what its worth Jeep came up on Boston ARTCC VHF to get the track cleared from FL220-FL240. He actually started up on my end (East) of the track. There was a bunch of air-to-air on the refueling channels as he was trying to link up with Decoy99 (WVa ANG C-17). These were all training missions for the KC135s.

Status
Not open for further replies.