Military Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Good day all,

I will be vacationing in Emerald Isle this summer and was wondering where I can find a list of military air frequencies. I have the ones that come up for Carteret County in the database but I am hoping there is more. I have almost 300 frequencies for up here in Connecticut and most of those I obtained from members on the forum. Thanks for your help.

welcome to paradise :)

you'll be located right across the narrow Bogue Sound from an USMC Aux Landing Field...BOGUE FIELD...it's setup as a practice aircraft carrier landing site, and as a STOL airfield, mainly seeing Harriers, Osprey's and C-130 refuelers...and various other helos and jets...

Tower 126.45

Paddles (LSO) 363.6

the flight path goes over the Emerald Isle bridge and parts of eastern/central Emerald Isle on the sound side.....you'll see them and hear them...both on the radio and overhead.....

enjoy ! maybe we can schedule an Exercise for you....have fun !

Barefootdipole

PS: you should have everything from the database...if not, check out the STICKY THREADS....go to the OTHER IMPORTANT NC THREAD LINKS....and open it....then you'll see the archived Threads......open the one titled NC MILAIR DISCUSSION THREAD......go to around post # 414 (next to last page)....you'll see a major list of freqs here that are still OK...and some related posts with other local reports from when the thread used to be active....all the freqs in the smaller post in the thread are still OK too......

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
welcome to paradise :)

you'll be located right across the narrow Bogue Sound from an USMC Aux Landing Field...BOGUE FIELD...it's setup as a practice aircraft carrier landing site, and as a STOL airfield, mainly seeing Harriers, Osprey's and C-130 refuelers...and various other helos and jets...

Tower 126.45

Paddles (LSO) 363.6

the flight path goes over the Emerald Isle bridge and parts of eastern/central Emerald Isle on the sound side.....you'll see them and hear them...both on the radio and overhead.....

enjoy ! maybe we can schedule an Exercise for you....have fun !

Barefootdipole

PS: you should have everything from the database...if not, check out the STICKY THREADS....go to the OTHER IMPORTANT NC THREAD LINKS....and open it....then you'll see the archived Threads......open the one titled NC MILAIR DISCUSSION THREAD......go to around post # 414 (next to last page)....you'll see a major list of freqs here that are still OK...and some related posts with other local reports from when the thread used to be active....all the freqs in the smaller post in the thread are still OK too......

Thanks. I have vacationed there for the last 20 years and ALWAYS enjoy seeing the Marines do their thing. Last year was the first year I brought along a scanner. For several days we saw several Ospreys fling patterns right over our house. Then they started doing parachuting exercises. Got some nice pictures: Osprey over Emerald Isle August 2013 - Fitzsimmons Photography

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.