Military F-16's ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8OSP

OK all I have a question for the milair folks. South part of Gallia Co. we see F-16's in pairs at least 2 times a week heading in a SE direction and usually very very low and very very fast. If I could get lucky and have a camera ready I would take a pic. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of where they might be going? Coming from I figure they would be coming from the Brush creek/buckeye MOA. Any ideas??

ddsbstrb

These F-16's are probably coming from just a couple of miles from my house. I live very close to the end of Runway-24 at Sprinfield OH Beckley Field. These are coming from the Springfield ANG-Base.

They fly down to your area and practice some low level combat senarios. Air-to-air refueling is also practiced in various areas, as well as many night flights to various areas for combat simulation. I am sure a lot of the simulation is air-to-air combat and air-to-ground. As could be expected, low-population areas are needed for these kinds of training missions.

I believe they also perform some live bombing over in Southern Indiana, at the Army base there.

Lately, the SANG base has been hosting a wing of F-16's from Dutch Air Force. SANG was one of the casualties of a BRAC (base realignment & closure) and is either losing or lost its active wing of F-16's. It did get a slight reprive and is currently a training wing for all Ohio F-16's and trains for contract-countries our government has "deals" with, to provide F-16 training.

Denny Seifried

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Lately, the SANG base has been hosting a wing of F-16's from Dutch Air Force. SANG was one of the casualties of a BRAC (base realignment & closure) and is either losing or lost its active wing of F-16's. It did get a slight reprive and is currently a training wing for all Ohio F-16's and trains for contract-countries our government has "deals" with, to provide F-16 training.

Denny Seifried

I believe the 178th still has a few planes left. Most of the planes are from the 306th Squadron of the Royal Netherlands Air Force which is training at Springfield until May 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.