Military Freqencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

I have a taken a look on the Alberta & Calgary Area Database and have found zero on any Military freqencies for Alberta or the Calgary Area. Can anybody help me out? Is there any military freqencies that can be monitored at all even?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I know it's a long way from you but have a look at Cold Lake other agencies and you will find CFB Cold Lake. Some of the frequencies are duplicated in Edmonton. Not sure about Calgary but perhaps Suffield and Wainwright.

A

Ambulance2014

Sweet thanks I will try some and see if ever catch anything on them from the military. One more question I was looking on the Citizens Band frequencies and I am confused Becuse they start with 00.0000 and not the regular 000.0000 How do I get those channels on my transceiver or can I even monitor these?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Have not heard any military or air force planes in Calgary although I don't make a point of listening as activity is so limited and far apart. Depending on scanner/radio, for frequencies in the 00.000 MHz range, one may have to enter a 0 then the number of the frequency. For example, crappy band would start with 026.xxxxx to 027.xxxxx. But then some just require the 00.0000 input so try both.

Status
Not open for further replies.