military monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

for you guys that are not aware of it and has a shortwave communication receiver with usb you can go to yahoo and type in: top 100 military frequencies usb and alot of interesting frequencies on the military are on that site to monitor.this for the guys that are interested in military monitoring.

slugo1159

Military

My son is in the Army and currently works as a 911 dispatcher. How can I listen to his frequency like I do on my local police and fire?

KC2zZe

First you would need to determine which military facility he is operating at - if at all possible (some deployments are sensitive in nature and all that families can be told is what country a soldier is operating in). That will narrow down where you would need to search in the database to see if any current channel/talkgroup information exists to load into your scanner - assuming, of course, a) you are close enough to the facility to monitor it directly, and b) you have the right kind of scanner to monitor the facility (many are using APCO P25 systems). If not, the next step would be to determine if any on-line feeds exist for that facility that you could tap into.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.