Military Orange ANG Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
While driving in West Haven near Rt. 1 around 3/3:15 ish low flying large military helo tried pulling any traffic from it even with close call but nothing. Any ideas? anyone else see it? They were really low.

Joe

stewart00311

Helo Possible Recue

The helo you saw was it orange and brown as the example
I took this photo in Atlantic Beach, NC the helo is from Cherry Point MCAS

Attachments

• rescue-helo-marines.jpg
    rescue-helo-marines.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 162

vs1988

I didn't see it, but heard it. It flew right over the university. CSP was doing the DUI crash simulator out in the courtyard, and everybody stopped and started looking up when the sound of the helo came. Didn't hear anything on the air though.

andy404ns

When I was at UNH I saw my fair share of helicopters. When I'm at home up north in CT, Chinooks and BlackHawks fly a couple hundred feet over my house all the time. Not unusual. I haven't heard of any notable news today so it was probably just training. Could have been Sikorski going sight seeing.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i grew up in allingtown, west haven, and i use to see them all the time around 2:30pm 3ish, i've seen 2 or 3 of the 2 bladed helo's and alot of the single blade ones too fly over the yale bowl end of that side of allingtown....i also remember years back in the police scanner book ANG for Orange was listed somewhere in the 46mhz range i belive?....i'll try and see if i can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.