Military Railroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i was just watching a show on the Military Channel on TV and they were at Fort Knox and they showed a Big Red engine pulling Flatbeds with Army Tanks on them.
Does anyone know of any RR Military Channels?

SAR923

Most of the remaining military base railroads have radios that operate in the 136-142 MHz range. They also have the standard AAR radio channels so they can communicate with the interchange railroads. I've occasionally seen a list of military base railroad frequencies when looking at the base itself in the database but I've never seen a consolidated list. Many of the bases that still do have railroad operations have also subcontracted the operations out. In some cases, the entire base is operated by contractors. The Hawthorne Army Ammunition Depot, for example, is completely subcontracted to Day & Zimmermann, which provides all the operations, security, fire fighting, safety, and railroad operations with only minimal Army supervision. I know they operate on different frequencies than the ones listed in the database but I've never had enough time in the area to track them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.