Milton Transit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Milton transit a fairly new system (Crappy Blue bird buses though)

What radios are they on are they on the Halton 800 mhz? or their own freq

mciupa

I would think that they are on the 800 EDACS system along with Burlington and Oakville Transit . Check and see if you can see/hear any unpublished talkgroups that pertain to Milton.

mciupa

Other Milton talkgroups begin with 05-XXX so 05-036 would fit in nicely into the Milton block.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The "i" in front of i0790 probably denotes a radio ID and not a talkgroup ID.

ATCTech

I was searching for this on back berfore Christmas with zero results. I doubt they'd be on the Oakville system for coverage reasons, but for logical reasons being operated by Oakville Transit it makes sense. The way transit drivers tend to talk regularly I'd have thought this would be an easy one, but not so far.

Continuing the investigation here......

EDIT: Just heard an icall on the Oakville system that sounded like a Milton driver (801, which I believe is a Milton bus #) talking about a problem with the coach, and whoever he was talking to saying "I'm on my way up there now", making it sound like someone from Oakville was on their way to Milton. The original call requesting the icall was on T/G 03-041 / 417 / 1a1h, a regular Oakville Transit group.

Bob

Last edited:

ATCTech

Reconfirmed today that the Milton buses are operating on the regular Oakville Transit T/G (417 decimal) on the Oakville EDACS frequencies, nothing logged on the north system at all. They don't talk very often, but the street names and other locations heard are definitely here in town.

Bob

ATCTech

NEW! Milton Transit now operated by PWTransit and operating on new dedicated t/g 05-083 / 707 dec / 2C3 hex. Submitted to the database this morning.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.