Milwaukee Co Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve08CVPI

Several times yesterday I heard weird sounding garbled beeps on at least 3 of the Milw Co Sheriff talk groups. What is it?

With out specific talk group numbers I don’t know what you were hearing but if I were to guess you may have been hearing encrypted traffic, a lot of there operations are encrypted now i.e. Detectives, Courts, Institutions, Special Events, Patrol Channel 3) so that might be what you were hearing my BCD325P2 automatically mutes ENC traffic but if I hold on an ENC Talkgroup radio IDs still pop up but no audio, hope that helps

Steve08CVPI

Is there a list of what is and what is not encrypted? No use in scanning them if I can't hear them. Also a lot of Milwaukee Co oasis is not coming in very clearly, but Waukesha does. Do I need a different antenna, BCD396T?

CrabbyMilton

There should be a small "e" to denote what is partially encrypted on the listings in the database. The upper case "E" means full encryption.
S for reception, that depends where your location is.
Sometimes a Milwaukee County agency will bounce off a Waukesha County tower and vice versa.
Just the nature of the system. Overall, it comes in very clear most times for me.

ka9rxk

What does it mean when a Milwaukee County Sheriff Deputy calls "10-49" on the radio? Is there a place to see all of their "C" and "D" codes?

I just started commuting from Oak Creek to Waukesha everyday, and have been listening to the MCSO to find out where the trouble is on the freeways. They do an amazing job!

VASCAR2

Take a look in the Data base under Milwaukee County in the Wiki section. The 10 Codes are listed as well as other codes.

In the APCO 10 Codes 10-49 is Traffic related and I’ve heard it used as a status check for Officer Status, Secure, no assistance needed. Some Agencies ask for 10-49 to get a report on traffic conditions during rush hour. 10-49 wasn’t listed in the MCSO 10 Codes.

Tim

Feed Provider
What does it mean when a Milwaukee County Sheriff Deputy calls "10-49" on the radio? Is there a place to see all of their "C" and "D" codes?

I just started commuting from Oak Creek to Waukesha everyday, and have been listening to the MCSO to find out where the trouble is on the freeways. They do an amazing job!

Greetings...

10-49 for MC Sheriff's Office is kind of a status check thing. I have heard non-freeway units (Jail transport units, Zoo squad, Etc) using them to let the dispatcher know they are "OK" since they aren't continuously using the radio like patrol squads.

As for the "C" & "D" codes, that has been a work in progress for me to to figure out. There are even "R" codes, but those don't appear to be used as often as "C" and "D" codes. The ones that I have been able to figure out so far are listed on my website (Wisconsin Scanning Home Page) Under "Milwaukee County" -----> Milwaukee County Information.

Tim

Feed Provider
In the APCO 10 Codes 10-49 is Traffic related and I’ve heard it used as a status check for Officer Status, Secure, no assistance needed. Some Agencies ask for 10-49 to get a report on traffic conditions during rush hour. 10-49 wasn’t listed in the MCSO 10 Codes.

That listing on RR Wiki is kind of a mixture between Milwaukee PD C-Codes (Different from sheriff) and a general APCO 10-Codes listing (With the addition of the 10-6x's codes which were used by a number of agencies in Milwaukee County Pre-trunking).

Mind you, I have noticed that it seems that MCSO's C-Code listing are very similar to Milwaukee PD's C-Code listing. This isn't too surprising since MCSO developed their C-Code listing under Sheriff Clark (Who is a former MPD Captain) .

Tim

onyour9er

Premium Subscriber
If this is not appropriate to post under this thread, please advise. After recently learning the ropes of basic analog/digital programming, I'm looking to dabble a little more into things, more specifically into a unit that is able to scan OASIS talk groups within' the Milwaukee County database section. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction of something both cost effective and somewhat user friendly, it would be greatly appreciated. Could someone also shed some light on the BCD996T for this application?

Thanks in advance

tvengr

Well Known Member
Oasis is a simulcast system. The older scanners such as the BCD996T can have problems receiving simulcast systems. It may work OK. You may have dropouts and garbled audio. How well it works will depend on your location in relation to the towers. The only scanners specifically designed to receive simulcast systems are the Uniden SDS100 handheld and SDS200 base/mobile. They are also the most expensive.

onyour9er

Premium Subscriber
Oasis is a simulcast system. The older scanners such as the BCD996T can have problems receiving simulcast systems. It may work OK. You may have dropouts and garbled audio. How well it works will depend on your location in relation to the towers. The only scanners specifically designed to receive simulcast systems are the Uniden SDS100 handheld and SDS200 base/mobile. They are also the most expensive.

Thanks for the reply, tvengr.

Hmmm, are there any other older model alternatives that work “better” receiving simulcast? The current price tag on either variant SDS200 is pretty pricey. I also understand that you get what you pay for.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The BCD436HP handheld and BCD536HP base/mobile are better with simulcast, but nowhere near as good as the SDS100 and SDS200. Depending on your location, they may or may not work.

prowisscan

Hello monitors of oasis. My question is are there any conventional frequencies used for backup, failsoft or simplex use? Back on the old analog system there were frequencies set aside for conventional use if the trunk system failed or the frequency of 852.85 was often used by sheriff simplex communication referred to F4. Just wondering if there are options for users of oasis to use if the system goes down?

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure about Failsoft, good question there.

Attached, Zones F, L and M of the Law Enforcement template and Zones E & F of the Fire Service template, show what simplex and conventional channels are available by default.

Also:
855.46250 810.46250 WQXF252 RM351 DPLWKWIDE2 County Backup FMN Multi-Dispatch
858.26250 813.26250 WQXF252 RM351 DPLWKWIDE1 County Backup FMN Multi-Dispatch

855.73750 810.73750 WPIQ496 RMMCEMSNBU County EMS North Backup M13 P25 EMS Dispatch
856.73750 811.73750 WPIQ496 RMMCEMSSBU County EMS South Backup N13 P25 EMS Dispatch

Attachments

• Milwaukee County Standardized LAW Template - Final 02062017 (20-Nov-2017).pdf
    461.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Milw County Fire Radio Template 09.06.17_FINAL v6.pdf
    147.3 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.