Milwaukee Co Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowisscan

Over the weekend, I've noticed that New Berlin PD is being dispatched on Area 1 dispatch with Brookfield, not on Area 2 which is now silent. Any thoughts?

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings..

My guess is that is due to staffing shortages in the dispatch center. They were on their regular areas on Saturday. Weeknights between 12am or 2am until 6am they are usually patched together, also.

Tim

Proscanwi

Banned
Banned
I wonder what's gonna happen with area 6 as it's labeled future use my guess that it might be for city of Waukesha at a later date if that ever happens

Div106

Premium Subscriber
Both the Village and Town of Mukwonago boards voted and approved Mukwonago FD to be dispatched by WCC starting Jan 1, 2021 or so. Mukwonago PD will still continue to dispatch Village and Town PD on there VHF repeater.

prowisscan

Greetings, I have been monitoring OASIS from day one with my pro 106 with no issues but recently added a whistler 1040 to the fleet and I am having one slight issue with the 1040 as follows. I have both my pro 106 and whistler 1040 side by side, both are programmed exactly. When they are scanning and stop on a TGID on a p25 trunk system (Milwaukee Co. OASIS) the scanner stops and monitors that TGID, when the conversation is over on that TGID the scanner will wait 7 seconds for activity before it scans to the next channel or bank ( I have both scanners set for a 7 second delay time for this trunk system. During the time of inactivity the ;pro 106 will continue to show the signal meter with all 5 bars from the control channel. However the whistler does not, the signal indicator goes away and so does the bars acting if there was no more control channel. Like I said, I manually programed these two radios identical but getting different results on the same trunking system for Milwaukee Co. I figured since these are generally the same exact radios there should not be a discrepancy? Is this how the 1040 operates.

prowisscan

One last thing. This issue only occurs when radio is in scan mode. When the scanner is on a trunking system manually or a TGID has been paused, this does not occur; the whistler will keep the signal indicator with the bars.
Thanks again for any assistance

djeplett

Out of curiosity I tried this with my two radios on the Outagamie/Winnebago TRS.

(I'm way up here in Waupaca county but occasionally visit Milwaukee and have listened to OASIS on my PRO106. I think the Outagamie/Winnebago system will be similar as it is also simulcast.)

When programmed using WIN500 and simply importing the system my radios exhibit the exact same behavior. I think this is because WIN500 defaults to 370, 450, 520, 610 and 680 for the S meter settings. That works fine for the PRO106, but the WS1040 needs much lower settings to give anything meaningful for the S meter. I use 190, 230, 260, 290 and 320. Also, I have changed several settings to get similar P25 decode between the WS1040 and the PRO106. If you are curious I can send screenshots of my WIN500 "Extended Settings" tab for each radio, but your mileage may definitely vary there. Since you said you manually programmed them both I would start with changing the S meter settings in the "Expert Settings" menu in the radio and arrow down to "RSSI Sig Cal" and change them to the numbers I gave. That should at least get you the signal bars on the 1040.

Status
Not open for further replies.