Milwaukee County Analog System Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

InspireWaukesha87

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the Milwaukee county analog Motorola Type 2 system has been taken down I am not getting a control channel anymore

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

Technically, it was still in use as of a few days ago. Amazingly enough, there were STILL a few analog radios in use by Milwaukee County agencies as of early last week. Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control was one of the last "Primary Users" of the analog system and since they switched over last month it was only a matter of time.

Tim

CrabbyMilton

The database lists the 128th being on 2617 and 2619 for OASIS.
Just keep listening and I'm sure they'll come on there at some point.
I guess someone had to be last on the old system.

InspireWaukesha87

Premium Subscriber
Interesting enough I heard Flight For Life helicopter call into Milwaukee County EMS base last week when they analog system was still online and they were using an analog radio since the analog radio id popped up on the scanner, hopefully they have digital radios in the helicopters because I haven’t heard them on OASIS at all, I know the Waukesha county side when it was still analog they had a talkgroup for communication with flight for life communications center and then also a talkgroup for landing zone operations but since the county’s have transitioned to OASIS I have yet to hear the Air Med talkgroups be used for coordination of landing zones granted they don’t respond directly to scenes as often as they used to since Aurora Summit is a level 2 trauma center, if someone needs to be airlifted they go to the nearest hospital it seems of lately

Tim

Feed Provider
The database lists the 128th being on 2617 and 2619 for OASIS.
Just keep listening and I'm sure they'll come on there at some point.
I guess someone had to be last on the old system.

Greetings again...

As of right now, I am like 99.9% sure they have no access to OASIS at all. I have been running Uni-Trunker program on OASIS Milwaukee Site for over a month now and there has been nothing affiliated on either 2617 or 2619. My *guess* is they went back to the federal VHF band (Perhaps until they can get funding for OASIS radios).

I am not sure where Greendale DPW (Formely MCTRS TG 38608) is at the moment, either. There is nothing in the Greendale range of talkgroups that show up on Uni-Trunker other than Police/Fire.

Tim

CrabbyMilton

That's interesting. I thought all of the radio's from the old system had the provision for OASIS.
I suppose if the 128th decides "the heck with it" and just go back to the federal bands that's their prerogative but having them on OASIS is helpful to the airport to improve communications in an emergency or snow removal issues.

Steve08CVPI

Well dang. My trusty BCT8 I bought when it first came out is finally just about useless.

CrabbyMilton

Don't say useless. Maybe railroads and aircraft aren't the most exciting things to monitor but it's better than nothing. There's still plenty out there.
I don't know if you have one yet but perhaps it's time for a digital scanner for you. I've had a UNIDEN 436HP for over a year now and still am tickled over it. I resisted a long time but I'm sure glad I bought it.

Steve08CVPI

I was thinking of a bcd996p2, less expensive and should receive everything in SE WI I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.