Milwaukee County OASIS Digital Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyAce

I did some digging around and found the problem, and I'm rather embarrassed to admit what it was. I had all of the programming correct, but when I saved the system during my last scanner update a couple months ago, I saved it to a folder designated for a different scanner, and inadvertently saved Greenfield on the WISCOM system to the scanner I was monitoring. :rolleyes: I've got it all straightened out now. :)

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Talkgroup 2391 popped up today on my PRO96COM logs using RIDs 8510260 and 8510265, which are assigned to Wisconsin Department of Administration. Any ideas on user?

ka9rxk

So with the COVID-19 outbreak in Milwaukee County, I am hearing ambulances on OASIS identifying as "ARB" units. These are the ambulances that are responding to patients who are identified as positive for COVID-19 symptoms.

What does "ARB" stand for?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
It's actually " A R V " - Alternate Response Vehicle.

These are fire department medic units that are strictly for EMS runs, so as to not take fire apparatus away from their main fire suppression / rescue responses.

CrabbyMilton

Time will tell if this is a good idea. A lighter vehicle will wear out faster and replacing it more often. All those stations that are closed could have been MED unit only for county wide with transport capability but these new vehicles would still need a full MED unit.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Talkgroup 58368 popped up today on my PRO96COM logs using RIDs 6822586 and 6822613.

Waukesha County site.

Any ideas on usage?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
And looks like 2393 is active, Capitol PD State Fair Park Channel 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.