Milwaukee County Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

Anyone find what talkgroup the new Milwaukee County Park Rangers are using?
I had scanner in search for 2 days and stll have no luck,just hear Sheriff park squads on 22672 (9xx)

John

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
You mean they don't all check-in every 15 minutes like Waukesha County's Rangers do on WCTRS 20496... LOL.

I didn't realize they actually had 'Rangers'... thought Sheriff did everything. A new one for me.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link on the article, John. Learned something new. I will keep my ears peeled for them. Guessing they will have some way to talk directly to SHF dispatch, so we could at least pickup on what designation they are using.

Jim

ctadam12

Is it just park units on 22672? I swear I hear them on 22896. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

mkescan

Sounds like everyone is involved with park security,even Sheriff Airport squads are checking out the parks real close to airport.
22896 was Parks in the past but now it seems like 22672 is the primary parks talkgroups with squads in cars and mounted patrol.
Maybe 22896 is just the Institution squads covering parks near the county grounds.
I still haven't heard "Ranger" mentioned yet,then again who knows what all those 9xx units are on 22672

mkescan

That was my first guess,but so far not a peep.
I am wondering if maybe they are not even working until the summer when school is out and parks fill up.
I guess only 2 rangers are full time,and the rest are part time.
Found something online about them,it evens mentions radios.
http://blogs.mycommunitynow.com/par...m-will-enhance-security-for-park-patrons.aspx

Parks departments nationwide have been turning to Park Ranger programs to enhance safety and security in their parks and to serve as ambassadors. Locally, Waukesha and Dane Counties have had successful ranger programs for years. Milwaukee County Parks’ proposed Park Patrol will be very similar in structure and function to the program in Waukesha.
Patrol members will be provided with bicycles to allow for greater coverage in larger parks, parkways, and trails. They will receive extensive training through the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Training Academy that includes personal safety awareness, conflict resolution, and county parks ordinance review. Bicycle safety classes will also be offered. Park Patrol members will be provided with 800 mhz trunked radios with direct access to Sheriff’s Dispatch and each other. It is not the intent of the program to involve Park employees in patron disputes or crimes in progress but to serve as educators and frontline eyes and ears to credentialed law enforcement officers. Their training will also prepare them to track patron contacts and violations. This tracking mechanism will be a vital tool to provide local law enforcement agencies information and trends on the types of violations observed in the Parks.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
So they have a bunch of non-sworn bicycle riding schmo's riding around in county parks? Here I thought they'd at least be LTE sworn positions.

mkescan

I hate to say this but...you know a lot of them are going to be beat up.
No way some people in the violent parks like Washington are going to listen to them.
They throw rocks,sticks & bottles at real cops,imagine what they will do to rangers.

ctadam12

interesting they mention transit when I never hear the sheriff patrol anything transit. Am I wrong? What TG?

mkescan

Looks like I better start monitoring Sheriff during the day to see what is going on now with their talkgroups.
Sounds like the TEU squads are using (A10) 22672,they seem to be cruising parks & city streets,even pulling over violators on city streets.
I bet the one's assigned to transit use A10,drive by Pulaski High School between 3:30pm & 4:30pm and you will see 2 man Sheriff squads parked on street and on grass on NE corner of 27th & Oklahoma.

They also follow some packed 27th St buses,and you will most likely see squads in area of 27th & National hanging around with transit security while students from other schools transfer to 27th st bus.
These buses are PACKED!
I seen up to 5 squads on 27th & National or 1 block north on Pierce

Sounds like (A7) 22896 might still be the official Parks talkgroup,I am hearing "Cycle xx" and also units down by the lake with the Mobile Jail.
Whats more confusing is I also heard 2 squads on 22896 using first or last names "Charlie to A Landon"

mkescan

Ok,several people on 22896 using last names instead of unit numbers,and not running 29's or anything so my guess is they are the Rangers.
They are the only odd units on the Sheriff channels,So I am convinced they must be rangers.
I will shut up and stop guessing now about them :)

mkescan

Re: MCSO Transit squads

MCSO Transit Squads are the same 9xx TEU units on (A10) 22672 that seem to be doing everything the freeway squads don't do. Looks like they are the ones that wear the dark blue or black uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.