Milwaukee Fire Department & OpenSky

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

Could Milwaukee Fire Dept refuse to switch to OpenSky?
Now with all the Brown outs & other cuts,you would think it would be cheaper for Fire Dept to stay on VHF, or maybe just get on the county system

ctadam12

If they were smart they would stay clear of StormySky and stay on VHF with new radios. I do think, however, the county system would also be a good idea for coordination with other FD's in the county.

mkescan

I know I am just a scanner guy,But I see no reason for Fire to get on OpenSky system.
If OpenSky works the way it's suppose to there shouldn't be any problem for Police to set up lots of patches during a major incident.

SCPD

QRT
If MFD goes with CloudySky are the hospitals going to get CloudySky radio?
If not how is MFD going to communicate with the hospitals?

mkescan

If MFD goes with CloudySky are the hospitals going to get CloudySky radio?
If not how is MFD going to communicate with the hospitals?

Milwaukee Fire uses private ambos to transport patients, and the Med units use County 800 radios for talking to Med base.

RayAir

My city made the switch to Open Sky in Dec 2009 (both PD and FD). The first working house fire that the FD responded to the Open Sky radios wouldn't work because of the background noise. The digital signal was totally garbled. So I could imagine they would definitely not work with an SCBA. Needless to say the FD went back to VHF for paging, dispatch, and fireground. They still have the Open Sky radios in their trucks, but I don't know what they use them for; maybe just to talk to PD?

As far as the PD, they don't like Open Sky either, but they have no choice but to use it. They say their complaints fall on deaf ears and that they are on their third or fourth issue preps/mobiles with a umpteenth software update and they still have the same problems.

They have been trying to implement Open Sky since 2002. The whole county was supposed to be on it. As of today maybe 5-7 agencies use it full time.

Have fun with your great new radio system.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58505307886

Squad10

My city made the switch to Open Sky in Dec 2009 (both PD and FD). The first working house fire that the FD responded to the Open Sky radios wouldn't work because of the background noise. The digital signal was totally garbled. So I could imagine they would definitely not work with an SCBA. Needless to say the FD went back to VHF for paging, dispatch, and fireground. They still have the Open Sky radios in their trucks, but I don't know what they use them for; maybe just to talk to PD?

As far as the PD, they don't like Open Sky either, but they have no choice but to use it. They say their complaints fall on deaf ears and that they are on their third or fourth issue preps/mobiles with a umpteenth software update and they still have the same problems.

They have been trying to implement Open Sky since 2002. The whole county was supposed to be on it. As of today maybe 5-7 agencies use it full time.

Have fun with your great new radio system.

Open Sky Radio system sucks! | Facebook

The good news is software always gets better, just ask any CAD/RMS company.

mkescan

Back in the summer of 2008 Milwaukee Fire had to send their radios back because they discovered they weren't intrinsically safe. From what I hear they still haven't got them back.

N

N_Jay

Back in the summer of 2008 Milwaukee Fire had to send their radios back because they discovered they weren't intrinsically safe. From what I hear they still haven't got them back.

They are listed today, so it should not be an issue.

Squad10

Maybe the manufacturer refunded the money for the non I.S. radios and no one (other than the bean counter) is aware of it!

N

N_Jay

Does your reply have anything to do with Milwaukee Fire Dept radios, or them still not having their radios returned?

Only that since the current product is "IS" listed the reason they don't have them back should not have anything to do with the lack of being "IS" listed.

. . . and what about your Facebook post in the other thread?

Last edited:

mkescan

Only that since the current product is "IS" listed the reason they don't have them back should not have anything to do with the lack of being "IS" listed.
. . . and what about your Facebook post in the other thread?

Umm, I never said the reason they don't have the radios back yet, had anything to do with the lack of being "IS" listed..
I am sure 99.9% of the people who read my post were thinking " Dang, they sent radios back almost 2 years ago and never got them back"
My facebook post in the other thread has nothing to do with this thread.

So it look's like this is another thread you decided to ruin with all you useless comments to everybody..

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

Umm, I never said the reason they don't have the radios back yet, had anything to do with the lack of being "IS" listed.
It could have been interpreted that way. But we all interpret things differently.

My facebook post in the other thread has nothing to do with this thread.
True, but your facebook post had nothing to do with that thread, and yet you decided to complain about my post here. (Just pointing out the hypocrisy) (Sorry to the others, probably shoudl have ignored it)

So it look's like this is another thread you decided to ruin with all you useless comments to everybody.
I am sure the thread will be just fine.

tencom

From Tencom

So far Mikescan, and others have been proven wrong on their attempt to curtail milwaukee's OPEN-SKY communucation system, as it still continues to be deployed. Yet he accuses others, of providing useless information, as he does.. If his assertions were correct OPEN-SKY, would never have reached this stage of development as it has.

mkescan

Great now we have Tencom & his son teaming up to ruin a thread.
Yeah ok Mr Tencom, Officers using the radios are all lying about the problems.
Hey Tencom Jr, that Facebook post in the other thread about OpenSky problems was about a Facebook group for OpenSky users (Cops) who do not like OpenSky. because of all the problems
Hey Tencom, check out all the Milwaukee Cops lying about OpenSky http://badgerblogger.com/?p=15509

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

I am sorry if you feel "your" thread is being "ruined".
You seem to have high regard for what you post.:roll:

Hey Tencom Jr, that Facebook post in the other thread about OpenSky problems was about a Facebook group for OpenSky users (Cops) who do not like OpenSky. because of all the problems

Where do you see that it is cops, or even system users?:confused:

That aside, between you are Ray, we are likely to see that Facebook page advertised in every OpenSky thread.

RayAir

Yeah ok Mr Tencom, Officers using the radios are all lying about the problems.
Hey Tencom, check out all the Milwaukee Cops lying about OpenSky Badger Blogger » Blog Archive » Question for Milwaukee Police Officers — OpenSky

disregard.

Last edited:

RayAir

I am sorry if you feel "your" thread is being "ruined".
You seem to have high regard for what you post.:roll:

Where do you see that it is cops, or even system users?:confused:

That aside, between you are Ray, we are likely to see that Facebook page advertised in every OpenSky thread.

Then why do you post on here other than to be an agitator? :confused:
Of your 10,000 posts, maybe only 10% of them have any contributory substance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.