Milwaukee Fire F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Very true there mikescan. I`ve been following the rebanding mess on some other forums on the web, and do know what usually happens...the rebandings go VERY SLOWLY! N9NRA

Tim

Hiya All...

The city of Milwaukee has rebanded already. The frequencies on 866-868.9875 are not active with M/A COM(unicate) data channels. They are now located in the 851-854MHz.

From what I have heard, There are mobiles being used in the field (Squad radios). Most PO's I have talked to have said they are pretty bad sounding. Of course you should take that with a grain of salt considering,

A) Lack of training (i.e., wait for the beep before talking, etc)

B) Analog-Digital Patches are up, analog doesnt sound good on digital and vice versa

C) Officers not familiar enough to the digital sound

With that being said, I am concerned because of the outcomes of other OpenSky systems. There are far too many dead spots from what I have been told. That scares me for the firemen going into the burning building or that officer who is chasing the homicide suspect.

Tim

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Not only that there tim, there`s the cost of the whole system (redoing the towers and adding new ones to fix the dead spots you referred to. That in itself could delay things a bit, just so long is there`s still some of the good ol` Analog MPD left to listen to for a while at least :). N9NRA

mp53129

Last night MFD F1 sounded odd and units were cutting out a lot.
Dispatch told one unit he keeps cutting out,and the guy replied "it's not me it's the new radios"
Then for about a hour I had a real hard time picking up MFD F1 which is always a strong signal,but for some reason it was like maybe they shut down the south side F1 site or something,MFD F2 was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.