• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Minden police

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Jackhammer sound... It went DIGITAL. Possibly DMR or NXDN... Or maybe you got the input to Oakdale PD's DMR system down in Allen Parish?

Last edited:

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I caught that motorboat sound in Minden several months ago, I traced it back to some DMR frequencies in Bossier Parish. That could be what you heard.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I heard that they went to 700 also, I didn't do any recordings when I was up there, so I really don't know, and I can't remember what system they were using. I'm getting old, lol:giggle: