Mine Accident near Whitesville

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Damn I just saw it on 59 news,I don't think my scanner can go that far unless I can grab something on wvirp. That's tragic and I hope there are no further loss of life.

SonicN

FOXNews.com - Explosion at Underground West Virginia Coal Mine

MONTCOAL, W.Va. -- Six people are dead and 21 are unaccounted for after an explosion occurred Monday at a Massey Energy underground coal mine, a state mining official said.

The blast happened at the Upper Big Branch mine in Raleigh County, about 30 miles south of Charleston. The company did not provide details on the extent of the damage.

The mine is operated by Massey subsidiary Performance Coal Co.

Mine emergency crews from the State Office of Miners' Health Safety and Training were headed to the scene.

In 1998, a worker at the mine was killed when a support beam collapsed, dumping bags of cement mix and other materials onto the man, according to a report from the federal Mine Safety & Health Administration. Federal investigators blamed poor welding and construction.

In 2001, another worker at the mine died after a portion of roof fell in on him.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard much on the mine disaster but heard about someone going over 100 miles hour on 119,and talk of a emergency situation in morgantown???

aaronneely1

Sorry guys I just took my digital off line the other day but placed it back to air mine traffic its under summers county again sorrry for the dealy

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Got the medical examiner 5 TG 9958(wvirp) on the Ansted Tower might be related to the disaster

Talked about transporting from the mine site

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

feed is awful quiet...

Sago Mine disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The disaster received extensive news coverage in the media worldwide.[3] After mining officials released incorrect information, many media outlets, including the New York Times reported that 12 survivors had been found alive, when, in fact, only one of the thirteen trapped miners survived

could be a lot to do with that.

pasadenamd

CNN:
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: Hospital spokeswoman: Up to 28 miners unaccounted for
Another 21 injured, dispatcher says
WCHS: Blast happened at about 4:30 p.m. Monday in Whitesville, West Virginia

wvscanner

Database Admin
I know some mines has radio's in the UHF band. I at one time was going to get them log and forgot about. So you may want to search 450-470 for their radio's.

Status
Not open for further replies.