MINGO COUNTY BUS FREQUENCIES

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to all the Mingo BOE and Bus frequencies. I have not heard anything on those frequencies for a very long time. Everything is working on my scanner and my antenna is outside with only 30 foot coax. My question is there any other system they may be using now. I have searched on the scanner trying to pick up anything new but, with no luck . I have not found anything new on the net that would help. Thank you everyone for any help . God bless.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Could they possibly have gone over to SIRN network? You might try programming in a local SIRN tower, and put your scanner in trunking search.

Another possibility is that they have combined bus services for several counties--that's what we have here: Grant, Hardy, Hampshire and Mineral counties are all served by the Potomac Valley Transit Authority... all on SIRN, by the way.

Searching the SIRN network might prove very worthwhile. Good luck!

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I have been searching SIRN repeater's in our area and I still have not heard them communicating. I have family that is employed there and they don't have any information either. Thank you for you help. If I find out anything I will post it here. God Bless and have a wonderful week end.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
That’s an interesting mystery… it may be time to hang out near one of the buses, and do a near field search with a Close Call / Spectrum Sweeper-enabled handheld.

Best of luck with your search, and be safe this weekend—looks like we’re gonna get lots of wind and rain.

i would almost bet if they are no longer using their uhf frequencies (i no longer live in Williamson to verify) listed in the database and i didn't see a listing for them on SIRN, that they may be using some sort of computer aided dispatch terminal or maybe PTT over cellular type system.

just a thought.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I found only one in a week. I can not confirm its Mingo but here it is 4469 I searched here on SIRN and I did not find this number listed. Perhaps someone else here might be able to verify it.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
I found only one in a week. I can not confirm its Mingo but here it is 4469 I searched here on SIRN and I did not find this number listed. Perhaps someone else here might be able to verify it.

4469 seems to fall into the Logan Co. talkgroup numbering scheme--of course that's not always a guarantee--but that would make sense if Logan and Mingo Counties were combining resources. Did you happen to notice what tower it was on?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I picked it up on Mountain View on Horsepen Mountain Mingo county.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been listening to all the Mingo BOE and Bus frequencies. I have not heard anything on those frequencies for a very long time. Everything is working on my scanner and my antenna is outside with only 30 foot coax. My question is there any other system they may be using now. I have searched on the scanner trying to pick up anything new but, with no luck . I have not found anything new on the net that would help. Thank you everyone for any help . God bless.

If they aren't on SIRN, they would likely be on one of these:

Code:
WQAV351        463.3625    Mingo Co BOE        Mountain View    Analog
WPQD208        452.500        Mingo Co Schools    Delbarton/MV/Crum    Analog
WPDX433        462.175        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Delbarton    Analog/NXDN/DMR
WPUX967        462.875        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Mountain View    Analog/NXDN/DMR
WPUX967        464.900        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Mountain View    Analog/NXDN/DMR
WPZA836        463.85        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Delbarton    Analog
WPZA836        463.925        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Delbarton    Analog/NXDN/DMR
WPZK454        463.575        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Mountain View    Analog/DMR
WPZK454        464.95        Lloyd Hoff Holdings    Mountain View    Analog/DMR
WPNP451        452.15        D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog
WPNP451        452.3875    D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog
WPNP451        461.6375    D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog
WPNP451        462.0625    D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog
WPNP451        462.4875    D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog
WNRZ567        463.200        D & L Towers        Matewan        Analog/DMR
WNRZ567        463.975        D & L Towers        Delbarton    Analog/DMR
WQYH468        460.700        Two Way Radio Svc    Gilbert        Analog/NXDN
KNNP867        462.500        Mobile Comms of Amer    Mountain View    Analog

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
I picked it up on Mountain View on Horsepen Mountain Mingo county.
Hearing that talkgroup on the Mountain View site is a good sign--at the very least it sounds as though you've found a new talkgroup... keep listening and document what you hear. I hope someone who is more local can help you find out who it is.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
There is only one person retired like me that has the same search capabilities as my scanner. He does not search for new frequencies or SIRN as I do. He only checks in on RADIOREFERENCE Data Base for new updated information. So, I am pretty much on my own. Once again thank you for helping me and other's here on this forum. If I find anything new, I will post it once I can confirm the ID and location and entity. God Bless.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like 4469 sounds like it most likely is Logan county bus and BOE.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like 4469 sounds like it most likely is Logan county bus and BOE.
As long as you have decent intel on what you believe that talkgroup might be, I'd submit it for inclusion into the database. It doesn't solve your original question, but it could help someone else in Logan Co.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is interested a new SIRN ID has been added to Logan County WV. It is 4469 Radioreference has added it to the LOGAN COUNTY WV SIRN

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, Bubba on here gave me SIRN id for Mingo BOE and BUSES. However, I have not received any traffic on them over the time since he gave them to me. Here are the ID'S 4671 4673 4679 4925 . I have however been receiving the BOE and BUSES on the conventional frequencies listed in the data base recently. The reason I had not been receiving them lately is there had not been much traffic when I had been listening. Thank you everyone for helping this old man and if I receive the SIRN for the BUSES and can verify them I will be sure to let everyone know. God Bless each and every one and thank you everyone again.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There is/was a generic template that all counties used by default. But counties are free to change the default template. The default template listed certain talkgroups (with the same last two numbers) for every county.

For instance, in the default template for all counties, TG ##01 is Fire Dispatch, TG ##05 is EMS Dispatch and TG ##07 is Fire Dispatch.

That's why it is bad news for anyone to rely solely upon any default template data they have been given, since the counties can assign talkgroups within their #### block however they wish.

And since it's just a template, there is no guarantee that any of the talkgroups on the template are active -- just because they are on the default template doesn't make them active talkgroups.

Probably why you never heard anything on the Mingo BOE/BUSES talkgroups that Bubba gave you.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I find that very interesting and educational. Thank you so much for that valuable information. God Bless. Have a great weekend.