• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mini Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

all these questions about handcuffs, duty belts, drop holsters, "prop" sholder mics and amber lightbars... just what are you planning Landon? :wink: Nothing too whack-tastic, I hope.

trace1

landonjensen said:
Does Anyone On Here Know A Good Place To Buy Amber Mini Lightbars?
Thanks
Lj
For your brother’s catering business, right???

bwhite said:
Was kinds wondering the same thing, seems like he's been on every topic but radio.
Oh, there has been a few about radio stuff... ;)

vs1988

Landon, I noticed in your profile you are in the boy scouts, so I assume you must be under 18?

If you're interested in law enforcement, check with your local PD/SO to see if they have an explorers post. Explorers is a Boy Scouts program for people 14-21 who are interested in police work. You have post activities, ride alongs with officers, training evolutions etc.

CommShrek

Heck guys, it's not just this website he's on. He came to visit us over at www.elightbars.org to ask us about lights too. At least that's a more appropriate forum.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Yeah, I just counted 5 threads he's opened over there over the same light stuff. Not trying to bash you landon but you've been handed allot of information on a spoon. Run with it.

N

N_Jay

CommShrek said:
Heck guys, it's not just this website he's on. He came to visit us over at www.elightbars.org to ask us about lights too. At least that's a more appropriate forum.

Wooo Hoooo
eLightbars.org !!!!!!

There is a forum for everything.:confused:

Over there one posts warns him of being a Whacker, and I would guess on a forum like that the threshold would have to be FAIRLY HIGH!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CommShrek

N_Jay said:
Wooo Hoooo
eLightbars.org !!!!!!

There is a forum for everything.:confused:

Over there one posts warns him of being a Whacker, and I would guess on a forum like that the threshold would have to be FAIRLY HIGH!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
About whackers, it's not as high as you'd think. There are a lot of us over there that work in the business as either dealers, distributors, installers, etc. There's a decent amount of money to be made in the business and there isn't a lot of competition.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
True, it is not radio related. But this is the tavern after all, so if you think you can help him out do so, but dang! He is just seeking help from those he holds in high opinion because of your knowledge and experience in public safety. If the moderators think it needs to be closed, then they will do so. And Landon, www.galls.com is always a good bet in my book. I have purchased my LEDs from them for my POV. They work great, and didn't tear a hole in my wallet. But if price must be kept to an absolute minimum, then check around with some second-hand shops. We used to have Command Communications in College Station, TX before they moved to Spring and if you couldn't find something there, you had your eyes closed. Most second hand shops will sell new and used products including radios, light bars, siren/PA, etc...

flyingwolf

Damn, when I opened this thread I thought it was going to be on the best way to stock your home mini bar.

Oh yea, people, if he wants to dress up fine, hel you dont know, he may be researching for an upcomming movie (or an upcomming crime spree) we simply dont know.

Hey how about this, and I know its a novel idea but watch, it may work.

Hey Landon, what are you planning to do with all of this?

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Just to be fair and stay on topic,

I've bought all of my strobes and power supplies from strobesnmore.com . They had excellent service and prices. I have 10 hideaways throughout my truck. Easy to install, you just can't get in a hurry and you have to plan your install carefully. Routing the cabling was the most time consuming.

With you doing this on a trailer, I'd recommend a cheal dual rotator amber lightbar. I'd also recommend elevating it about 3-3 inches above the roof so people from the front and read can easily see it. You will need to run FUSED 2 conductor wire from the truck to the trailer. I'd rcommend putting a 2nd trailer power connector next to the existing one on the exlorer just for 12 volts. There's your power. Now, you will have the fun task of routing it to your lightbar. I'd recommend putting a switch in the cab to keep power from going to the ourside connector when not in use.

It's relatively easy to do, it's just going to take some wire management planning.

trace1

That’s what I’m thinking too

vs1988 said:
... so I assume you must be under 18?
It appears that he’s young, eager, and interested in law enforcement/firefighting.

landonjensen

Just To Explain Everything

Well To Explain All The Topics

Warning Lights - Those are into reference for my brothers vehicle, just getting some information for him about what he could do for his safety.

Duty Gear Info - I was just curious if there is a certain way that each officer has to carry there gear, or if it was up to each individual officer.

Handcuffs- I was wondering why any police / law enforcment official would use colored handcuffs, and if anyone on here used them

and yes i am going to be in the fire dept explorers in a couple of months

and no im not some whacko going to go crazy arresting people or anything =)

Last edited:

CommShrek

Well To Explain All The Answers

Warning Lights - Just put some Whelen TIR3's on the back of the trailer and be done with it.

Duty Gear Info - Varies by department. Some departments you can only carry basketweave leather, some mandate Clarino, some allow nylon. The setup and configuration of the duty belt can vary a lot as well.

Handcuffs- Colored handcuffs are most often found in a correctional setting. Jail, prison, etc and generaly denotes either the security level of the inmate such as in a jail or possibly the classification of the inmate if in a prison.

radio10-8

Landon, My dept requires all officers use black basketweave type duty belts unless your a k9 or special unit, then you can use black nylon. As far as configuration it seems that how ever your academy officer showed you was the way everyone did it. For example, I was taught that your handcuffs should be in front of you so you can grab them quickly to arrest someone. I learned FOR ME that I like them in back after getting into a fight and being unable to get to the cuffs in the front. So I placed in the back and I am happy.

car2back

landonjensen said:
...and yes i am going to be in the fire dept explorers in a couple of months...
Awesome! Fire Explorers is what got me interested in Firefighting and Public Saftey in general! good luck man!

CVPI4Ever

kingpin said:
I smell a prospective security guard
I take offense to that. Not every Security Officer is this way. Our vehicles, however, are company owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.