SDR# Mini-Circuits Amp for HackRF One Recommendations (1-5 watts)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTS3000

Here here the specs of the HackRF one:

HackRF One output power

The maximum power of the TX for HackRF One varies on which operating frequency:

- 10 MHz to 2150 MHz: 5 dBm to 15 dBm (3 mW to 30 mW), generally increasing frequency decreases

- 2150 MHz to 2750 MHz: 13 dBm to 15 dBm (20 mW to 30 mW)
I can’t get straight info on dBm conversion oddly enough on the internet.

——————————————————————

What I’m looking to do is take the approx 5mW-30mW and amplify it to 2-5 watts using a Mini-Circuits amp. I’m getting confused on what to purchase or need advice. I know this mini-circuits amp (20-3000mhz) exists because an ex-friend has one. Using it for ham and experimenting only.

Anyone have a clue what Mini-Circuits amp to cover 20-3000mhz to achieve what I need to accomplish (2-5 watts). BTW, I have a 0-80dB padded attenuator to stay legal.

prcguy

There are some Minicircuits amps that come close and a few that put out a lot more power but be prepared to pay $$. For example, this one will saturate at about 1 watt and work from about 10MHz to 4,200MHz. Its $1,500 new. You want more power, it will cost more $$. Mini-Circuits

XTS3000

My ex-friend got one on eBay for 60-80 bucks (probably used). It was in spec tho. Looked new tho.

It’s confusing when the internet is saying 2 things.... dBm changes after 30Mhz. Confused.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
the closest cheap thing I can find is
5-6000MHz RF Amplifier,Gain 20dB Broadband RF VHF UHF Signal Power Amplifier Module
on amazon.
It only puts out 100mw though. maybe a combiner would be helpful to use these less expensive devices in parallel.

Thanks
Joel

XTS3000

There are some Minicircuits amps that come close and a few that put out a lot more power but be prepared to pay $$. For example, this one will saturate at about 1 watt and work from about 10MHz to 4,200MHz. Its $1,500 new. You want more power, it will cost more $$. Mini-Circuits
the closest cheap thing I can find is
5-6000MHz RF Amplifier,Gain 20dB Broadband RF VHF UHF Signal Power Amplifier Module
on amazon.
It only puts out 100mw though. maybe a combiner would be helpful to use these less expensive devices in parallel.

Thanks
Joel

Thanks for the help, but my purpose is to use the HackRF One with portapack to chat on local repeaters. 10mW into a repeater is very weak when 10 miles away.

Thanks for your input.

merlin

Playing with synthesizers with +10 db output, I bought a 2 watt amp on ebay for $35.
Claimed to have the mini-circuits device(really a clone)
The +10 db is about all it will take to get the two watt output, more drive just causes an increase in the birdies and spurs. that is when an attenuator pad is needed on the amp input.
There is a 4 watt version selling also for about $85. (up to 6 watt ??)
Now these things are very broadband and you will need a bandpass filter on the output or you will have spikes all over the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.