Loops Mini review: W6LVP active loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Unless you have maybe 30m or more coax you would not benefit much from going to LMR400 since the antenna has a preamp that will make up for some coax loss. Something that can make a difference is putting a good choke balun in the coax near the antenna. This will strip off RFI that may be traveling up the shield of the coax from noise sources in the house. Find an FT-230-43 or 31 mix ferrite core and wrap some of your coax around it like this: A low Insertion VSWR high Zcm Guanella 1:1 balun for HF – owenduffy.net

I received my loop today and so far hf aero has been very impressive on all bands even on 3.470 which i have never heard anything in the 30 years i been monitoring hf aero picked brisbane & bali loop is 1 metre high and on the instructions Larry wreckins between 6 to 20 feet high works best just wondering i am using rg58 also have a few runs of lmr400 witn bnc on each end would that improve the performance of the loop...

Regards Lino.

Turbo68

Thanks pcguy i have the CMC-0510-R common mode choke on the antenna with a short lead of lmr400 about 200ml in length so far i am impressed with this loop considering its only 1 metre high it works way better than the wellbrook ala1530 loop and i monitored a few hf aeros that i never heard in my life specially from africa..

Regards Lino..

prcguy

Better than a Wellbrook and cheaper, can't beat that.

Thanks pcguy i have the CMC-0510-R common mode choke on the antenna with a short lead of lmr400 about 200ml in length so far i am impressed with this loop considering its only 1 metre high it works way better than the wellbrook ala1530 loop and i monitored a few hf aeros that i never heard in my life specially from africa..

Regards Lino..

Turbo68

Agree back when i bought my first wellbrook arond 2005 there was no one else making them had 4 of them at one stage and to be honest i was never happy with there performance first one i bought cost me more then the W6LVP loop and every year wellbrook prices always go up that also includes shipping..

Regards Lino..

Status
Not open for further replies.