Mini Shoulder/Lapel Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
That thing is sweet!

It would look great with my amber strobes!

Just playing ;) I actually don't have any helpful comments, but good luck!

DickH

PFCCooper said:
Does anyone own or used to own one of these http://www.scannermaster.com/Mini_Speaker_p/28-531156.htm
I am looking at getting this and I was wondering if it is worth the price.

I bought two when Radio Shack closed them out. I think I paid $1.97 each. They work very well, but $29.95 is a rip-off.
Radio Shack has a new one that is actually a speaker/mic. A friend has one and it works fine on his scanner. The number is 21-1834, price $9.95.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
$29.95? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RS only sold them for $10 brand new, and I bought several for 97¢ when they were on closeout.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
DickH said:
Radio Shack has a new one that is actually a speaker/mic. A friend has one and it works fine on his scanner. The number is 21-1834, price $9.95.

That's been for sale for a few years, and that's on clearance as well so get them while you want one. You won't be able to use that with a scanner until you remove the TX plug (so it will fit) on most scanners.

DickH

Grog said:
That's been for sale for a few years, and that's on clearance as well so get them while you want one. You won't be able to use that with a scanner until you remove the TX plug (so it will fit) on most scanners.

It will fit directly on a PRO-528 without changing the plug.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I have one of those lying around some where. It was OK, but thanks to many scanners having circuitry in them to prevent you from hurting your ears when using headphones I've found the should speaker is actually harder to hear in a noisy environment than the speaker on the scanner itself!

Now THIS on the other hand:

http://www.scannermaster.com/Shadow_Earpiece_p/27-571155.htm

...would be sweet. I'm thinking about getting one of these when I get a new handheld scanner later this year.

-AZ

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Earpeice

AZScanner said:
I have one of those lying around some where. It was OK, but thanks to many scanners having circuitry in them to prevent you from hurting your ears when using headphones I've found the should speaker is actually harder to hear in a noisy environment than the speaker on the scanner itself!

Now THIS on the other hand:

http://www.scannermaster.com/Shadow_Earpiece_p/27-571155.htm

...would be sweet. I'm thinking about getting one of these when I get a new handheld scanner later this year.

-AZ

;) Just got one of these last month and it works great, I like it better then using my head phones when I go Out and it's very hard for anyone to see it if your in a security area listening to the scanner and don't want any one too know.
Steve

rafale01010

hey

i might just get me that RS spkr/mic, for one thing its cheap and for another i wont have to wait for it to be shipped to me. I'll be much happier with that deal.

DickH

AZScanner said:
I have one of those lying around some where. It was OK, but thanks to many scanners having circuitry in them to prevent you from hurting your ears when using headphones I've found the should speaker is actually harder to hear in a noisy environment than the speaker on the scanner itself! ...

If you by-pass the limiting resistor it will be very loud.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of those laying around the house somewhere. They work pretty good but the clips don't last long. All of mine have broken clips. And I bought mine when RS had them @ $10, but, apparently, I seriously missed out when they were closing them out @ 97¢!!!
Yes, $29.99 is WAY overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.