• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor 2 Reed Filter Positions

FFBillBlast

I am trying to verify the A, B & C positions on the Min 2, it's been a few yrs since I had switched reeds & forgot, I looked on Batlabs & was slightly confused with how it said they are while holding the pager in a certain direction, so I'm hoping for clarity here, please. Is slot A closest towards the speaker or closest to the belt clip side of the pager? Once I find out which is slot A, I know B is the middle slot & C would be the last open slot. I thought A is the closest towards the belt clip side of the pager, but I'm having an issue of the pager not alerting, so I want to start with verifying my reed placement. I have perfect crystal clear audio coming out of the speaker when monitoring ch1 & in alert mode if I press down the reset button, hoping my reeds are placed wrong? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Slot A is closest to the back of the pager (belt clip), C nearest to the speaker. Or, if holding the pager looking at that side with the controls on top, L-R ABC

FFBillBlast

Thank you both, I had them installed correctly & it's not alerting after trying on 2 working pagers. I bought 2 reeds from a company that has been around for several decades(fyi....i also ordered 2 RF boards w/the crystals i needed & both RF boards arrived & work perfect), I requested 800 & 1500, he sent me a 799 & 1500. He said the 799 would work fine in place of the 800, is or might that be the issue? I have multiple min 2 pgrs & installed my ordered RF boards & reeds in 2 pagers, the audio works fine in both but neither alert. Do you think that reed might be the issue, I understand your guessing seeing you don't have the pgr in your hands, could a 799 reed work or not work as an 800. Our dispatch for pagers are on lowband but simulcast to 800mhz p25 phase 1, just some addl info on the freq the pgr works on, if it makes a difference.

kf8yk

Are you sure you got the tones right? A 1500 Hz paging tone is unusual, only used in the Reach tone plan, not by Motorola, GE or Plectron plans. 799 Hz is a commonly used Plectron tone.

I'm assuming this is for Baltimore County, MD, reading the paging tone wiki it looks like nearly every tone is from the Plectron tone table.

FFBillBlast

Are you sure you got the tones right? A 1500 Hz paging tone is unusual, only used in the Reach tone plan, not by Motorola, GE or Plectron plans. 799 Hz is a commonly used Plectron tone.

I'm assuming this is for Baltimore County, MD, reading the paging tone wiki it looks like nearly every tone is from the Plectron tone table.
Yes, your correct it's Balt Co & the tones are correct, they are the "wable" tones used for full box assignments. I have my other personal pagers I collected over the yrs set to 1500/800 & always worked(Min 3, 2 x 4's & a 5). As per my comment, I rec'd a 799 & told it would work in place of 800(I personally have no clue about a tones reach per say).

kf8yk

The tone filters have a bandwidth of about +/- 0.2% so a 799 Hz filter should work at 800 Hz.

The service manual states the Minitor 2 needs a minimum of 250 ms of 'A' tone to activate, I'm guessing the tone durations in a warble alert is pretty close. You might be able to shorten the A tone requirement by changing the value of C310.

Also check all the jumper settings and verify the pager works with a standard 1 sec/3 sec paging tone sequence.

kf8yk

Some more info:

From the Motorola Centracom Gold console maintenance manual, "Warble is 100 milliseconds of 800 Hz alternated with 100 milliseconds of 1500 Hz."

I have no idea what Balt. County is using for a console, but you won't get a stock Minitor 2 to alert on just 100 ms of tone.

FFBillBlast

Some more info:

From the Motorola Centracom Gold console maintenance manual, "Warble is 100 milliseconds of 800 Hz alternated with 100 milliseconds of 1500 Hz."

I have no idea what Balt. County is using for a console, but you won't get a stock Minitor 2 to alert on just 100 ms of tone.
Thanks so much for the info, greatly appreciated, I will have to ck out these facts you have pointed out & see what the issue could be.