minitor 3 stored voice problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnf

I'd like to start by saying this is my first post and I'm not positive if this is the right place for this post, but here goes anyway.

I just got a minitor 3 programmed for our fd's new uhf frequency. This also has stored voice, that doesnt seem to work right. our base station is set up to repeat the tones from the county dispatch, so when we are alerted, our tones are sent from the county, which activates my pager and the stored voice. then, about 6 seconds after the first set of tones, the same tones are sent again from our station, and I think this is what is messing up the stored voice. I think the stored voice is just getting the audio between the tones. I think my stored voice is set for 30 second messages, if that matters. Thanks for the help! -Tnf

KE7TJK

If I remember correctly, what is stored is overwritten the next time your tones activate the pager.

If there is no voice after the second set of tones, then you'll have no stored voice, just dead squelch.

I carried a Minitor II SV, and that is how it acted.

tnf

there is voice after the second set because thats when they re-announce the details of the call...is that any help to figuring out my problem?!?! -tnf

KE7TJK

Well, if your pager is set for 30 second messages, and it takes longer for the first dispatch, then tones again, then you have more than likely exceeded the 30 second window.

With my department, we used 2 sets of tones. The first set activated the pager, the second set activated the station crap; lights, horn, stove off, ect. On my SV, I heard the second set of tones, and then the voice. If the dispatcher wasn't quick enough, then I'd miss part of what was said.

tnf

i thought that might be the problem at first, but when i hit the sv button, its on forless than a second and then it beeps off....I cant even hear the second set of tones that sets off our siren. i wonder if it could have anything to do with a cross band repeater being used? perhaps somewhere in the rebroadcast something is different than the original broadcast....im still lost in the dark in this one!!! -tnf

johnvassel

I've never programmed a minitor. That being said, on many toneable radios, there's an option to tell it to NOT look for PL codes when set in alert mode.
It sounds like maybe it's set to turn off PL's to look for tones, then once it alerts it's kicking into a PL mode, and not a PL that your dept uses.
Best way is to get it to a programmer. Someone local will know your tones and be able to test it completely.

john

Donald2557

The Minitor series pagers typically all operate the same for voice recording. Recording begins immediately following the alert cycle. If you are alerted a second time while still recording the pager will terminate the first recording and move to the next time slot. No work around that I know of except in dispatch. Sending the same tones twice seems to indicate they don't trust their system or don't realise the problems this can cause in the pager.

whitesox4life

everyone on my dept has a minitor II or III SV and our county fire dispatch sets tones off twice. and once for tests. we have never had a problem with two tones. we are on vhf and other depts i know of are on uhf with the same pagers and same dispatch and no problems there either.

BambamFFPM22

Minitor 3 SV

I recently bought a minitor 3 with 60 second sv our Illinois Fire Emergency Radio Network IFERN has two tones which both activate my pager once the pager is alerted it starts its recording and it will record all the way up until the pager is alerted on the second tone.. I found you will have to turn off your pager and quickly turn it back on before the second set of tones go out for you to get the voice and for it to work properly. Ryan!

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if there is a adjustable setting in the programming that says "REVERT-N" and then if there is, change the numbers (the number of seconds) to either 30 or 60. That may do the trick.

rescuecomm

The officers in charge of our county dispatch change the way information is paged fairly regularly. The present method is to tone and give only the out code. Then, when you answer up, they give you the out code, the address, and any special instructions. My squad quit paying the extra for recording pagers years ago because they rarely saved anything useful.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.