• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikedag

Hey guys,
I work for a small volunteer department as am currently having some issues with my pager(s). Currently I am able to receive alerts when I am anywhere but my home....seems I am in a dead zone. At first I thought it was pager specific and I am on my 3rd one with till no success. I recently got a amplified charger base with no success. Does anyone have any further ideas or suggestions for me?

Mike

WuLabsWuTecH

If your home is a dead zone, then no amount of new pagers will work for you. Before they put in the second tower, our station was actually a dead zone (go figure!) so we had to use an external antenna for our plectron and we essentially had no back-up for when the plectron didn't alert (because our pagers and radios didn't work inside the station).

If your home is the only place that is a dead zone, I would suggest either mounting an external antenna to a plectron type deal or, IIRC, the amplified base comes with an antenna of it's own right? If that's the case, moving it near a window or other exterior part of your house away from large metal objects (dryer, dishwasher, fridge) could help

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Some factors that can help us help you:
What frequency band?

How far from the transmitter is your home?

Are there any large buildings or geological structures between the transmitter and your home?

What type of construction is your home? Does it have aluminum siding?

Does the pager hear the transmitter outside your door or in your driveway?

Sent via Tapatalk

Mikedag

I'll answer these to the best of my knowledge:
The dispatch centre is approximately 40 kilometres away (25 miles)
No large buildings but my home is down in a Valley, compared to the dispatch centre
Typical construction for a 1950's bungalow. No metal siding it roof
I am not sure about directly outside my house, but a couple minutes away it does.

Does the amplified charger receive and strengthen the signal to my pager or does the pager have to be in the charger base for it to have any affect?

Mike

N0BDW

I'll answer these to the best of my knowledge:
The dispatch centre is approximately 40 kilometres away (25 miles)
No large buildings but my home is down in a Valley, compared to the dispatch centre
Typical construction for a 1950's bungalow. No metal siding it roof
I am not sure about directly outside my house, but a couple minutes away it does.

Does the amplified charger receive and strengthen the signal to my pager or does the pager have to be in the charger base for it to have any affect?

Mike

Pager has to be in the charger, and the charger has to have an antenna capable of receiving the signal installed.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

The base allows connection of an external antenna/aerial. No amplification.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.