Minitor 4 and alpha pager questions... Livingston county

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Seems like our county treats the tones like its top secret and classified but its quite the opposite.

The tones are a bit guarded, mainly so some wacko doesn't start toning out the fire departments, or start activating tornado sirens.

As you know by now, it is not hard to find the information. The bigger thing is, most people using the radios have no idea what the actual tones are, they just know them by ear.

Bdude1

oh well. Im sailing right along and I already have what I believe to be have the tones in livingston county already figured it out. Just had to tweak my computer a bunch. I just find it funny that something that they want to be "guarded" is so extremely simple to find out. haha

EC-7

I know this post is a little old, but I just came across it.

I have some of the Livingston Co Fire tones. Message me and I can see if I have the ones you need. They are from a few years ago, and Im not sure if they have changed them, since I think they did some department changes for tone outs recently. I dont want to post them on here for everyone to see.

I had a list of the tornado siren tones, that I acquired from a Ham Swap, when they sold a used receiver/decoder for the sirens. Those could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.