• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor 6 Reception Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsanty88

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

My department bought 15 Minitor 6s a few months ago. Some were placed in service, and Im now starting to get complaints from members that switched from the M4 and M5 that the M6 has some reception issues. 1 member who lives in town and has a perfect line of sight with the repeater can barely get it to trip, and when it trips, its very staticky, among other reception complaints from members.

I read in another forum thread that there were some reception issues with the 6s, and that there were some recalls, but I do not remember seeing anything about a fix.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

sfd119

If they were brand new, they should be fixed. We've noticed a slight drop in reception range compared to the fours or fives. Are you sure they are programmed correctly?

nsanty88

Premium Subscriber
I was the one who did the programming and everything was programmed identical to our 4s and 5s. The pagers are brand new and we received them a couple weeks ago.

The 4s and 5s used to receive up to 35-40 miles from our repeater tower dependent on line of sight. Now guys the next town over are missing alerts.

12dbsinad

We have had coverage issues with the 6's as well. The guys and gals that live in marginal coverage areas are reporting a lot of missed calls. I have personally tested a 5 and 6 and found that the receiver in the 6 isn't nearly as good. We run UHF pagers. The Dept has stopped purchasing the 6 because of performance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.