• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor III and IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Have a question on how to set up the Minitor III and IV's. I have both pagers and they are both 2 channels

my question is im trying to set up the 4 switches

A is medic 911 page and all call (duty off)
B is medic All call (duty on)

i need a switch where i can scan both channels to have it alert but i dont want the channel to be open like a scanner is there a way to do this i tried scan and the channels are left open i tried monitor and the channel is open is there a way i can have it monitor both channels and just have it alert when tones are recieved and not have the channel be open to hear everything?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a minitor v,and I leave it on D position. I can monitor both dispatch and county and it will still record.
n9zas

wspicer

Feed Provider
On the minitor 3 & 4 you only have basic scan, where it scans both channels if it picks up traffic on ch 1 it opens and you hear everything, it latches on ch 1 until it drops the carrier squelch and then resumes scanning, so if you get knocked out on ch 2 while it is latched to ch1 you will miss whatever is on ch2, the Minitor 5 has a new scan called silent scan where it scans both channels and only opens on a valid tone set.

mountedmedic

I agree with the above. If its an option, upgrading to the minitor 5 for all the features is a worth it. I just recently upgraded to a minitor 5 and enjoy the extras.

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
In 2013 when everything must be converted to Narrowband...the III's and IV's will no longer work. They receive Wideband only...

mojo3120

In 2013 when everything must be converted to Narrowband...the III's and IV's will no longer work. They receive Wideband only...

Not entirely true....that's what the Motorola salesman want you to think. Wideband pager should still receive a narrowband signal. I've talked to multiple people that have confirmed this.

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Wideband pager should still receive a narrowband signal.

That's true, it may still receive. However, just like a two-way radio that is not narrowband capable, the audio will be messed up and the ability to correctly decode tones could be compromised. Why risk it?????

aconway

The old minitors will still work with narrowband even though they are made for wide-band! The only problem is the sound won't be as loud.

esfd283

Narrowband

Our county has recently switched over to a new narrowband paging system and most of the pagers in the field are still in wideband mode. We are only noticing a lower level audio. We have not had any reports of missed pages etc. The county will be reprogramming all the Minitor V's to narrowband in the near future. You are in much better shape having a pager in wideband receiving narrowband then vice versa.

melekec

minitor's

Have a question on how to set up the Minitor III and IV's. I have both pagers and they are both 2 channels

my question is im trying to set up the 4 switches

A is medic 911 page and all call (duty off)
B is medic All call (duty on)

i need a switch where i can scan both channels to have it alert but i dont want the channel to be open like a scanner is there a way to do this i tried scan and the channels are left open i tried monitor and the channel is open is there a way i can have it monitor both channels and just have it alert when tones are recieved and not have the channel be open to hear everything?

All you have to do is put your pager in channel D and it should scan the way you want it because sometimes i have my pager in channel D for scan. Email me if you need help . melekec@yahoo.com

ASTRO2001

Minitor iii and iv narrowband

I just tested a wideband pager with a Narrowband transmit and it set the pager off and the audio didn't see much change at all so you Motorola Minitor III & IV are fine after 2013 also I did the test over 20 times and the out come was the same.

SCPD

QRT
When it comes to narrowbanding you dont have to buy new pagers even if there not narrowband, The narrowbanding is for freqs that you Transmit on only if you have a freq that is used for Recieving tone outs then theres no need to buy narrowband pagers your wideband will work fine...If you have any questions please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.