• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor IV HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
I have a Minitor iv that wont decode the tones to drop the page Any one have any ideas whats wrong and the fix? The speaker works because when its on open scan you hear the traffic. all the numbers and freqs are right.

NCFire11

Decoder board is probably fried.
As long as the tones are entered correctly I dont know what else it could be.

jmfirefighter

Decoder board is probably fried.
As long as the tones are entered correctly I dont know what else it could be.

I agree. As long as the tone values are correct, the pager should be alerting. They are a pretty simple electronic device........

If you can, read the codeplug from the pager to ensure it's all correct and then rewrite the pager. I had a IV that would "loose programming" every now and then, and this usually worked well.

Minitor I, II, III, and IV WILL all work with narrowband. The only difference is that you may have lower audio volume, and you may have a smaller range away from the transmitter depending on your terrain and the height of the transmitter.

NCFire11

Minitor I, II, III, and IV WILL all work with narrowband. The only difference is that you may have lower audio volume, and you may have a smaller range away from the transmitter depending on your terrain and the height of the transmitter.

Yep, Mother /\/\ wants everyone to believe that they wont, but they will. We are keeping all of our III/IV's for backup pagers if something happens to our Vs.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Minitor 3/4 circuit boards are very thin and flimsy. Over time, use of the belt clip pushes on the board and IC and eventually breaks solder joints on the tone decoding chip. Great design, huh?

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Sometimes. It can be a challenge. You need to be REALLY good at soldering, have a very small tip, and a steady hand. I've fixed a dozen or so, and only destroyed one. And you run the risk of destroying the case opening it up too.

mojo3120

And you run the risk of destroying the case opening it up too.

The IV's are pretty easy to open, the III's on the other hand are damn near impossible. Brute force is about the only way I can ever get them open. Anyone know of a method to open a III without breaking the clips/tabs?

mojo3120

Minitor 3/4 circuit boards are very thin and flimsy. Over time, use of the belt clip pushes on the board and IC and eventually breaks solder joints on the tone decoding chip. Great design, huh?

oh but have you seen the fix? Now that's some engineering :)

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The piece of foam? That still doesn't help? and leaves adhesive behind so solder won't stick when you try to fix the broken joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.