Minitor Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikie333

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
153
Location
MO & IL
I hope this is the right place to put this.

I'm on a fire department and was issued a Minitor II. Would it be possible for me to find a newer model, perhaps here or eBay and just move the custom 'pins' (I don't know what they're called, 'crystals?') to it?

I really just would like one that has the voice record feature.

Thanks!
 

bwhite

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
1,376
Location
Balto/Carroll, MD
Mike,
Just a word of caution for what it's worth,
Make sure you have written permission from whoever issued you the pager before
you begin canibalizing it. At some future date they'll either want the pager or $$
back. If you bought it from whoever then it's yours, go crazy & do what you want
with it.
 

fineshot1

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
2,479
Location
NJ USA (Republic of NJ)
mikie333 said:
I hope this is the right place to put this.

I'm on a fire department and was issued a Minitor II. Would it be possible for me to find a newer model, perhaps here or eBay and just move the custom 'pins' (I don't know what they're called, 'crystals?') to it?

I really just would like one that has the voice record feature.

Thanks!
Minitor III's and newer are all programable so no need to do the crystal thing.
Just make sure you obtain the correct band split model for your needs and have
permission from the higherarchy before doing so.
 

mikie333

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
153
Location
MO & IL
bwhite said:
Mike,
Just a word of caution for what it's worth,
Make sure you have written permission from whoever issued you the pager before
you begin canibalizing it. At some future date they'll either want the pager or $$
back. If you bought it from whoever then it's yours, go crazy & do what you want
with it.
Of course I would ask from above, just wondering first if it's possible.



fineshot1 said:
Minitor III's and newer are all programable so no need to do the crystal thing.
Just make sure you obtain the correct band split model for your needs and have
permission from the higherarchy before doing so
Could I then just get a pager and either program it, or have it done for me? (i probably wouldn't just cause it's really not that important)
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
167
Location
Lake County Ohio
You can buy one... your always able to do that, and most places will program it for you. Ebay also has sellers that will program it for you. You want the mintor III to the V. They all have the stored voice feature... jsut alot more expensive as you keep going up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top