• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V and VI questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_it

Premium Subscriber
I am working on a project to reprogram some of our Fire Dept pagers. We have a mix of older Minitor V and the new Minitor VI pagers. We just moved to a new set-up with 3 sets of tones and we are struggling to make everyone happy under the new system. I am looking for suggestions on how to set these up.

Here is what we have, please let me know if any of these are possible.
Fire Tones
EMS Duty
EMS All Call

All sets of tones have a different first tone, but share the second tone.

Minitor V's.
Is it possible to have all 3 sets of of tones alert on 1 channel (example A) but have different alerts depending on which is paged? For Example, this is how we would love to have things set-up.
Channel A: Fire, EMSALL, EMSDUTY (Selective Call)
Channel B: Fire, EMSALL, EMSDUTY (Monitor)
Channel C: Fire (Selective Call)
Channel D: Fire, EMSALL, EMSDUTY (Selective Call Vibrate)

Being new to programming the pagers, I am confused as to how to set this up with Multiple Tones on a channel. Would I need to switch back to one of the other coding options to do this?

Joe

joe_it

Premium Subscriber
OK, maybe I just had a lightbulb moment.. Since this is a 2 channel pager, I did the following without changing duty.

CH1: Entered all 3 tones
Ch2: Entered Fire Tones

Assigned Channel 1 tone, Monitor, Or Vibrate to A,B,D
Assigned Channel 2 tone to C.

I think that was all I needed to do, correct?

joe_it

Premium Subscriber
One more question I came up with. Our EMS division would like to modify things slightly and I am not quite sure how to do this.

1. First off, if you have for example switch A. set to vibrate and tones, what is the setting to manage if the channel stays open, or automatically closes after the tones/voice are finished?

2. If the channel is set to Monitor, is it always open? One of out members told me there is an option to close, it, but I thought if it is a monitor frequency, it was always open.

Thanks for the help.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
That'll be the revert time. I can't remember off the top of my head but there's a setting for manual reset of squelch.

CrowFire

How do you delete all stored messages in a Minitor Vi

Hi,
Sorry to repeat what seems like it should be a very basic question (I posted on a very old thread elsewhere). I just today was given a Minitor VI pager by our chief to replace my last 2 Minitor V's that had perpetual charging issues. The used pager I was given has 64 old stored messages in it. I have read the manual available on line and although it REFERS to a function to delete all stored messages, I could not find the actual way to DO it! Maybe it's me and I just missed it. Anyone out there able to tell me how to get that done?
Thanks,
Matthew

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hi,
Sorry to repeat what seems like it should be a very basic question (I posted on a very old thread elsewhere). I just today was given a Minitor VI pager by our chief to replace my last 2 Minitor V's that had perpetual charging issues. The used pager I was given has 64 old stored messages in it. I have read the manual available on line and although it REFERS to a function to delete all stored messages, I could not find the actual way to DO it! Maybe it's me and I just missed it. Anyone out there able to tell me how to get that done?
Thanks,
Matthew
Page 35 of the English section of the manual:

Press and hold the Fast Forward
and Rewind buttons simultaneously to
delete all stored unlocked messages. You
need to unlock a locked message before
you can delete it.

On page 34, If you need to lock or unlock a message:

Press and hold in Playback
mode to lock or unlock the
message.

CrowFire

Thanks Steve, perfect, erased 64 messages in about 20 seconds. Worked like a charm. I did find teh lock unlock instructions in the manual but not teh simple instruction you just gave me. Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it!
Best,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.