• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V--ok guys and gals, figure this one out for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetsteve

I have a personally owned Motorola Minitor V VHF 2 channel SV, I bought it (new) shortly after they first came out and its still in great shape, it was sent to mother M about 2 years ago after taking a dive into about 3 feet of (swimming pool) water, and got a complete overhaul. (FD took care of me on that, thankfully) and has worked flawlessly ever since. about a month ago, I noticed that it will page out and then drop the radio traffic after about 2-3 seconds after the tone, it does this after pages and on playing back recordings... However, here is the strange part, the pager does not recieve any traffic at all when monitoring. When selected, D scans channels 1 and 2. Testing this theory I had my HT1250 sitting right next to the pager and the pager was not rxing anything when the HT1250 was.... like I said I noticed then after it started dropping the radio traffic after a page. So... long story short, my pager still pages out for calls, but I cannot monitor traffic, :confused: and if I do recieve a page, It does not stay on long enough to hear the call... Any ideas? I'm guessing I'm going to have to take it back to the local moto store and have them check it. I live probably 5-7 miles from one of the repeaters, and not exactly sure on the other one but I have never had any issues picking up radio traffic where I live...

Thanks for the help...

scannersnstuff

is your pager reverting back to alert status after the tone's go out ?. if so there is a simple programming fix that a mot. dealer can do with the proper software. i had the problem with mine when i first got it. when the dispatcher toned out a run, and unkeyed before putting the voice message out, the pager reverted back to standby mode. they can be programmed in increments to stay un-keyed until the message goes out. i believe you can set anywhere between 1 to 60 second's. i got my dealer to give me a 30 second delay <too long >, but i have not missed a page since. the downside is having to hear the open squelch burst until it reset's. the other disadvantage is that it cut's into the amount of playback space for the voice module. other than a few minor dislikes, i really enjoy the minitor v.

Magnetsteve

I actually did have to have that adjusted once before, but no. when it does recieve 3-4 second of radio traffic after a page, it is very very poor audio quality. When selected, D scans both channels and monitors. When D is selected, I cannot hear anything at all even while dispatch, or another unit is talking, like I normally would...

scannersnstuff

while not exactly helping your problem <maybe> i have observed,and it is also well documented that the receive quality of the v is nowhere near the quality of the minitor II. i can go to different part's of my county and get so/so quality page's with the v. i have been about 35-40 miles from home & received pages l/c with the II. i have been about 5 miles from the transmiter, and received hrrible page's with the v. i do have all 8 of my tone spot's filled. i have the option to just listen for the tone's on my dept's tone set using the d switch position. yup, i would let your M dealer take a look at it. maybe we'll get a minitor v l soon.

mancow

Database Admin
I read about an issue where there was a bad connection in those at times and pressure on the case would duplicate the problem. I'm trying to find the writeup about it.

NCFire11

Flexing of the case will sometimes loosen soldering points on the boards. Get it opened up and see if they find anything. Its just something that happens.

cvillefd73

i have the same problem with mine i find that when i have it on open channel i hear no radio traffic. but if u hold the squelch and and key up a radio u can hear radio traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.