• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V - Programing in 2 sets of tones with same first tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuLabsWuTecH

Question. I have read that because of the way the mintor reads tones (it listens for the first one, scans down the list to see if there is a match, if there is, it "reads across the table" to see if the second tone matches) if you have two departments with the same 'A' tone, then only the first one will be read. Has anyone found a way around this?

So for example:

Department A: 100/200
Department B: 100/300

Is there a way to set it such that the pager will alert on either department's tone sequence? The most hopeful solution I had was trying to get it to alert anytime 100 was heard, but I haven't been able to figure out if that is possible.

Thanks guys!

WuLabsWuTecH

Just put both sets of tones in.

But won't that cause it to not alert for Department B? Since the minitor hears the 100 and watches for the 200 but when it doesn't hear the 200 (it hears the 300 instead) it goes back to standby and looks for the A tones (in this case the 100 tone) again right?

Or are you saying you've gotten it to work just by putting in both sets of tones anyways?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
There are Departments in my County with the same "A" tone but different "B" tones, I put them both in and it alerts for them both..

WuLabsWuTecH

All righty then, it sounds like the info I got from a search of this forum was all incorrect! I'll give it a whirl myself!

CommJunkie

You can program all 6 sets of tones with the same A tone, and as long as it matches to a B tone, it will alert.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Question. I have read that because of the way the mintor reads tones (it listens for the first one, scans down the list to see if there is a match, if there is, it "reads across the table" to see if the second tone matches) if you have two departments with the same 'A' tone, then only the first one will be read. Has anyone found a way around this?

So for example:

Department A: 100/200
Department B: 100/300

Is there a way to set it such that the pager will alert on either department's tone sequence? The most hopeful solution I had was trying to get it to alert anytime 100 was heard, but I haven't been able to figure out if that is possible.

Thanks guys!
The information I have on this states that the common A tone will be troublesome only if you have selected the "USER" option for Tone System on the General Tab.

I posted a link a while back on a file of programming notes for the V, and this issue was clearly discussed in those notes. The solution is also included in the same section in bold letters at the end of the paragraph.
"In this situation, use Motorola, Plectron, or whatever tone system your agency has selected."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAVX2o_3yDlckFka0Zmc1hrLTg/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone here is basing this thread on my programming notes file, I would simply point out that you have to read the whole file before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.