• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

minitor V

Status
Not open for further replies.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Is there a way to set the Minitor V to stay open once it alerts, but the carrier has dropped? I will explain my situation and hope it makes sense to you. Our county will send out the tones, then instantly drop the carrier... after a few moments, the carrier is back and they proceed with the message. The problem is, the pager has already started the "count down" cycle and will ultimately reset itself prior to the message being completed (at times) To combat this, I traditionally would set the auto reset to 60 seconds which typically works... but I would like to know if there is a way around that.... thoughts?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Is there a way to set the Minitor V to stay open once it alerts, but the carrier has dropped? I will explain my situation and hope it makes sense to you. Our county will send out the tones, then instantly drop the carrier... after a few moments, the carrier is back and they proceed with the message. The problem is, the pager has already started the "count down" cycle and will ultimately reset itself prior to the message being completed (at times) To combat this, I traditionally would set the auto reset to 60 seconds which typically works... but I would like to know if there is a way around that.... thoughts?
Is this a stored voice model or non-SV? (Makes a difference in programming.)

It sounds like you're using one of the automatic or timed reset options. If you want the pager to remain in monitor mode until you decide to reset it, these choices don't do what you want.

I have all SV pagers in my inventory. On the Model Options tab, I have the Reset Function set to Revert N with the time at 10.56 seconds. That holds the squelch open for 10.56 seconds if carrier is dropped after the tones. That's usually enough time for the dispatcher to key up and start the voice message. When the voice message is finished, the pager reverts to Monitor mode and can then be silenced by pressing the reset button.

On non-SV pagers, set the Reset Function to Revert (not Revert N) and they should remain in monitor mode after an alert.

Give that a try. If you still have problems, send me a pm and I'll give you my email. You can then send me a copy of your codeplug and I'll take a peek at it for you.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, It sounds like that option is what I am looking for (I have all SV pagers) Now, as long as the dispatcher stays keyed up, will your pager stay opened? and then once they unkey, will it once again stay open for 10.56 seconds? I see the revert N function in the software, I was just never 100% clear as to what that is for. The reason we are changing this is we are now using the MABAS system (popular here in WI now) and some of the messages can be very lengthy. Traditionally, we just left it open for 60 seconds and had it auto reset, but that would at times cut the message short.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, It sounds like that option is what I am looking for (I have all SV pagers) Now, as long as the dispatcher stays keyed up, will your pager stay opened? and then once they unkey, will it once again stay open for 10.56 seconds? I see the revert N function in the software, I was just never 100% clear as to what that is for. The reason we are changing this is we are now using the MABAS system (popular here in WI now) and some of the messages can be very lengthy. Traditionally, we just left it open for 60 seconds and had it auto reset, but that would at times cut the message short.
With the SV pagers, select the Revert N option. The time is up to you, but we use 10.56 seconds with good results. This allows time for dropped carrier due to stacked pages or other reasons. If you don't use Revert N, the SV recording will stop at carrier drop after the tones.

With Revert N, the pager will revert to Monitor Mode when the voice message ends. Pressing the reset button will silence the pager if you are in one of the alert modes.

This should do exactly what you want.

For future reference, here is a better description of each Reset Function than what you will find in the programming manual.

Reset Function - This field sets the method to reset the audio.
1. Automatic: Resets the audio when carrier drops. Pager returns to silent alert mode.
2. Delayed N: Waits N seconds before checking carrier drop. Pager returns to silent alert mode.
3. Revert: Reverts to Monitor Mode after receiving a SelCall page.
4. Manual: Resets the audio only when the Reset Switch is depressed.
5. Time-out: Resets after a selected amount of time only.
6. Revert N: Wait N seconds and then remain in monitor mode until the reset button is pushed.

BTW, the programming manual is installed on your computer when you install the PPS. It can be found in C:\Program Files\Motorola\Minitor V PPS\Manual

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
One other thing:

On the Model Options tab, set the Stored Voice Function to Dynamic. This will keep the recorder going for as long as there is carrier. When the dispatch drops carrier at the end of the message, SV stops. This is separate from the Revert N time which allows for carrier drop after the tones but before the voice message starts.

If you find that the MABAS dispatches have carrier drop in the middle of the voice message, you'll have to set that at 60 or 120 seconds.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Well, in 2 hours I will be programming the fleet of pagers for my dept. People are disagreeing on the setup so I have one last ? for you. We currently use the Delayed N mode, which still cuts messages off mid sentence, does that sound right? I thought if there is a carrier it wont cut the message off

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Well, in 2 hours I will be programming the fleet of pagers for my dept. People are disagreeing on the setup so I have one last ? for you. We currently use the Delayed N mode, which still cuts messages off mid sentence, does that sound right? I thought if there is a carrier it wont cut the message off
I already gave you the settings that I am using in our 25 pagers. They work fine and perform exactly as they are expected to do. There are no missed calls due to dropped carrier reset. Delayed N returns the pager to silent alert mode. Revert N holds the squelch open for the specified time to keep the SV going. After that, the pager reverts to monitor mode.

If you have "experts" in your department that already know it all, I wish you the best of luck.

Delayed N will continue to be problematic.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Every department has "experts" lol, I advised everyone of the issues they will have, And I see another mass programming in my future. As for my pager, I am fully capable of pressing a black button after a page so needless to say, I took your advice. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.