• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor VI Auto Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

I just received a minitor 6 to replace my m5, I've read through the VI manual and i'm aware of all the reset options however i still find myself confused. My minitor 5 was programed to reset to silent after a message was received and i can't remember which setting that was and unfortunately i don't have the 5 anymore to read the settings. Right now i have the 6 programmed for time-out reset after 10 seconds because my dispatch does have the momentary drop after tones so i don't want it to reset before the message is complete. My goal is for the pager to monitor while the message is received and reset to silent once the message is complete. I can try all the settings until i find the correct one however that will take time and i know somebody on here can help me out sooner.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I just received a minitor 6 to replace my m5, I've read through the VI manual and i'm aware of all the reset options however i still find myself confused. My minitor 5 was programed to reset to silent after a message was received and i can't remember which setting that was and unfortunately i don't have the 5 anymore to read the settings. Right now i have the 6 programmed for time-out reset after 10 seconds because my dispatch does have the momentary drop after tones so i don't want it to reset before the message is complete. My goal is for the pager to monitor while the message is received and reset to silent once the message is complete. I can try all the settings until i find the correct one however that will take time and i know somebody on here can help me out sooner.
You probably want to use Delayed N. Make sure N is long enough to deal with dispatcher's carrier drop between tones and the voice message. I never go less than 10 seconds.

The descriptions of all of the reset functions are in the help file that is part of the PPS. I am presuming that you looked there first?

N1GTL

Database Admin
Try the "Muted Revert N" setting. It will stop the squelch from staying opened when the carrier drops.

Colton25

Thanks for the quick responses, the only help I was aware of was the manual I found online. I didn't know there was a help file included with the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton25

So delayed N waits if there's a pause between tones and message and after the message reverts back to selective call, so muted delayed N i'm guessing it mutes the squelch noise and reverts back to selective call after audio? With delayed N is the time setting referring to the time between tone and dispatcher audio?

Correct. Muted Revert N silences the squelch noise during the N period. Revert N does not. They both return the pager to Monitor Mode until reset by the user.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
So delayed N waits if there's a pause between tones and message and after the message reverts back to selective call, so muted delayed N i'm guessing it mutes the squelch noise and reverts back to selective call after audio? With delayed N is the time setting referring to the time between tone and dispatcher audio?
N is the time that the pager will hold open. It accommodates carrier drop between tones and dispatcher voice. It's especially useful in dispatch operations where the dispatcher has to send out tones on multiple frequencies to multiple agencies. There's always carrier drop in those cases.

It also keeps Stored Voice going during the carrier drop. More than a bit valuable if you want to be able to play back the dispatch.

As I said before, I never set it for less than 10 seconds.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
For others that may see this thread in the future, here are the definitions of the Reset Function of the Minitor VI. Note that the N setting is particularly useful to keep the Stored Voice running, regardless of reset type. For Muted Delayed N and Delayed N, it also prevents the pager from resetting which means it returns to silent alert mode.

Reset Function
Sets the method to reset the pager after receiving a page.

Automatic: Resets the pager when carrier drops.

Delayed N: Waits N seconds before checking for carrier drop to reset the pager.

Revert: Reverts to Monitor Mode after receiving a Selective Call page.

Manual: Audio remains on until the reset button is pressed while in Selective Call and Silent Scan modes.

Timeout: Resets the pager after a preprogrammed amount of time.

Revert N: Waits N seconds before checking for carrier drop and then reverts to monitor.

Muted Delayed N: Waits momentarily before checking for carrier drop to reset the pager. During the momentary wait period mutes the speaker and stored voice recording during carrier drop.

Muted Revert N: Waits momentarily before checking for carrier drop and then reverts to Monitor mode. During the momentary wait period mutes the speaker and stored voice recording during carrier drop.

firecatohio

Oh I have.. just small things I've missed.. I've done programming of the whole area at one time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Colton25

If you have 2 pairs of tones programmed on the same channel and they a both alerted for the same call the pager splits the recording into 2 separate calls. Is there any way to prevent the pager from doing this? Obviously the pager thinks it 2 separate calls but sometimes both sets of tones will be in the same dispatch and I would like it to be kept to 1 recording.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
If you have 2 pairs of tones programmed on the same channel and they a both alerted for the same call the pager splits the recording into 2 separate calls. Is there any way to prevent the pager from doing this? Obviously the pager thinks it 2 separate calls but sometimes both sets of tones will be in the same dispatch and I would like it to be kept to 1 recording.
Nope, no way around it. Typically, it only records a few seconds before the second tones and then you get voice message. At least you don't have to live with open squelch now.

Colton25

Ok just figured I'd ask, very true but having open squelch is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.