• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor VI constant red flashing and low tone beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

I have a 5 channel Minitor VI, just purchased (as a refurbished unit) from a vendor we've bought from before.

Originally, when I got it, it gave me the "unprogrammed" long tone.

I first upgraded its firmware to 1.06, then pushed our standard codeplug to it.

It accepted both the codeplug and custom audio.

After it reset, its been constantly blinking the front red light, and beeping a low frequency tone about 2 times per second.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I have a 5 channel Minitor VI, just purchased (as a refurbished unit) from a vendor we've bought from before.

Originally, when I got it, it gave me the "unprogrammed" long tone.

I first upgraded its firmware to 1.06, then pushed our standard codeplug to it.

It accepted both the codeplug and custom audio.

After it reset, its been constantly blinking the front red light, and beeping a low frequency tone about 2 times per second.
Have you tried a known good battery in the unit? Flashing red is supposed to be the Low Battery indicator.

Is the tone constant or just just few beeps every once in a while?

It might be stuck in test mode. Here's what I have on that:

Test Mode
1. Rotate the Function Switch to position D.
2. Press and hold the Reset Button while powering on the unit.
3. An audible alert and red LED will indicate that you have entered to the I/O Test Mode. Release the Reset Button.
4. Press the Reset Button, the red LED turns off and the amber LED turns on.
5. Press the Reset Button, the amber LED turns off and the Battery Indicator LED turns on red.
6. Press the Reset Button, the Battery Indicator LED turns green.
7. Press the Reset Button, all LEDs turn on, the Battery Indicator LED is amber.
8. Press the Reset Button, all LEDs turn off and unit enters Pulsed Vibrate Mode.
9. Press the Reset Button, the unit enters Constant Vibrate Mode.
10. Press the Reset Button, a high pitched tone is heard.
11. Press the Reset Button, a louder high pitched tone is heard.
12. Press the Reset Button, a high pitch tone is heard and unit enters Constant Vibrate Mode.
13. Press the Reset Button, the unit enters Open Squelch Mode.
14. To exit Test Mode, power off the unit.

Last edited:

madrabbitt

Known good battery. In fact, i tried two that were fully charged plus an AAA battery pack.

Rapid flashing red, sound is "donk donk donk donk donk" continiously until its powered off. Not the same "bonk" as programming mode though.

Trying that test mode now.

Edit: Unit successfully went thru every step in test mode. Once it was powercycled, it went back to flashing red light and beeping sound.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Known good battery. In fact, i tried two that were fully charged plus an AAA battery pack.

Rapid flashing red, sound is "donk donk donk donk donk" continiously until its powered off. Not the same "bonk" as programming mode though.

Trying that test mode now.

Edit: Unit successfully went thru every step in test mode. Once it was powercycled, it went back to flashing red light and beeping sound.
Have you tried to read the radio with the PPS?

Have you tried to reprogram the radio?

I am wondering if it is the same model as your standard codeplug. I didn't think it was possible to write the codeplug from a different model, but stranger things have happened. Just trying to check off all the possibilities.

madrabbitt

Have you tried to read the radio with the PPS?

Have you tried to reprogram the radio?

I am wondering if it is the same model as your standard codeplug. I didn't think it was possible to write the codeplug from a different model, but stranger things have happened. Just trying to check off all the possibilities.
1. Yes. It reads just fine. In fact, reading it confirms that the programming was correctly written.
2. Yes. I have tried to write the firmware update again, both saving and deleting the codeplug inside. I have also tried to write the codeplug to it again. Sometimes it errors out on read/right, others it reads and writes just fine, but reboots to the same light and noise.
3. We have 2 standard codeplugs. One for 1 channel, 1 for 5 channel. Once upon a time, we randomly got a IS/UL listed version in accidentally, and tried to write the standard codeplug to it, and got an error message, so I know that its not possible to accidentally write one from an unmatching model.

Pretty sure it'll just get sent back monday and they can ship me a new refurb. I was just hoping to save this one without the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.