• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor VI pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

WISCOMM

M6 Programmer

We expect to fill all our backorders for the programming cradles on this Monday. It appears the cradle delay should fix itself in the coming days.

Craig

ESradioguy

Feed Provider
Minitor 6

I received two Minitor 6 UHF pagers and a programming cup today. Pager so far appears to be a big improvement over the Minitor 5, at least with programing. I have the 5 channel pager so I am playing with the scan feature at the moment. Here are my initial findings...

Pros:
1.) The battery latch & charging pins are much improved over other models, good job Motorola!
2.) Receive sensitive and antenna system seem to work better & the software now tells you if you are tightening the squelch, or loosing the squelch!
3.) Two vibrating options allowing me to distinguish between Fire & EMS pages (or between Department A & Department B) when in vibrate mode.
4.) No real price increase with this new release!

Cons:
1.) No jack for earphone.
2.) No way to set PL tones, still open squelch on monitor.

Like any new products, there will be some bugs. There is already a new programing software V 1.05 released.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
Been testing a programmed VHF M6 for about 4 days before I issue it out into the field. I can say definitively from using a M5 for the past several years, in my opinion the receive audio clarity is not as good. I also notice when the M5 placed side by side as the new M6, the M6 doesn't come in as clear. More scratchiness. I'm already concerned about antenna/reception issues with M6. Although no missed alerts, voice is definitely not as clear as M5 for same alert.

On a positive note, the new programming options are quite nice. But I would trade those away for better reception and clarity. Battery is strong. Several days use on one charge. Also nice that it goes to a lower minimum volume.

Two cents.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
That is not comforting, considering how poor the M5's receive and audio quality are. (Especially when compared to the M2.)

Sent via Tapatalk

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Been testing a programmed VHF M6 for about 4 days before I issue it out into the field. I can say definitively from using a M5 for the past several years, in my opinion the receive audio clarity is not as good. I also notice when the M5 placed side by side as the new M6, the M6 doesn't come in as clear. More scratchiness. I'm already concerned about antenna/reception issues with M6.

I have found the same. I have only tested one so far (also VHF) but side by side with a M5, the M5 is pulling in distant (not our dispatch center) signals and the M6 doesn't make a sound. I adjusted the squelch on the M6 and it didn't make a difference.

12dbsinad

Any other reviews on the performance? Any UHF users? I haven't dabled with one yet. From what i'm reading performance isn't any better, or worse than the V's. But i'm not suprised, fire pagers are not Motorola's gravy train anymore.

ASTRO2001

Wiscomm's price: $493.00 (5 Channel, Unprogrammed)

P&W Service Price: $414 (5 Channel, Programmed/Unprogrammed)

Heavy competition..P&W will end up getting my money on the pager but Wiscomm will get my money on the programming cradle.

P&W has it for 21% off.

List Price: $468.00
Our Price: $369.00
You Save: $99.00 (21%)

Plus the 45 bucks for 5 channel.

I checked out another company Third Watch Communications and they're offering free programming and the prices are about the same what you have there. I like the VI I had it about a month and no problems yet the good thing is that the battery does last a bit long.

evfd1625

Anything new from the people using them? I'm not disappointed but my reaction has been a bit meh to say the least.

evfd1625

I should've put this in my last, but off body reception isn't great, like when on a charger or clipped to a visor or whatever, on body reception is pretty much on par with the older Minitors. I think the programming is much easier and the $39 programming interface is something other manufacturers should look at. It shouldn't cost you half of the price of your pager just to be able to program it.

nick223

Feed Provider
How is the battery life? How have the various modes affected battery life?

Sent via Tapatalk

My first minitor vi dead after 5 days on 1 charge. I had to send it back since it wouldn't alert on F1 but would on F2 a second minitor vi I had alerts great on both F1and F2. I hope the new pager I just got doesn't have issues.

WuLabsWuTecH

Does anyone know if the minitor 6 has an engineer's logon where you can change a 1 frequency to a 5?

WISCOMM

Minitor VI Firmware Upgrade Kit R01.03
Customer Release Notes

MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
© Motorola Solutions, Inc. 2014.

May 7th, 2014 Page 1 of 1

Minitor VI Firmware Upgrade Kit R01.03
Customer Release Notes

I. Enhancements

Adjusted squelch levels

II. Corrections

Support of non standard A tone durations when User Tone System is selected on
the Channel Tabs

III. Known Issues

None

Status