• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor vi ....PPS can't read, error #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodog4

Premium Subscriber
Have an older minitor vi model A03JAC9JA2AN (D02.18) 5 chnl VHF serial #1368PQ00xx TANAPA : RLD1049A. 3331. Believe sn indicates it was made in Aug 2013, so must be an early model.

PROBLEM: When I attempt to reprogram it with the latest PPS version R01.08 the following read error mssg #9 appears; "unable to read pager, missing serial number, please program the serial number with the Serial Number Tool".
It will not read nor write, the error mssg #9 just appears.

Does the pager need an earlier version PPS, a firmware upgrade, or is this beyond a pager software issue?
My PPS and cradle work fine with my newer 2016 Minitor vi so I know that isn't defective...
My gut feeling is it might be the early version of the model....? Any thoughts out there?? What can be done so I can reprogram it with the latest PPS?
Thanks, Dale

Moodog4

Premium Subscriber
Resolution

Thrasher3:
YES, I was able to get my older model M6 to read and write with the latest version of the PPS.
I found a firmware update and reflashed the pager and that seemed to do it. The code plug is still the original TANAPA 'A' version but it works OK.
Unfortunately I have been away from home for several weeks and have not been able to document the specifics of what I did that worked as I tried several things. When I return I can post the specifics.

Is your pager an older version similar to mine and did you get the same error mssg? By any chance did you recently acquire it online?
Feel free to post or mssg me and I will see if I can help more...
73's Dale

Moodog4

Premium Subscriber
Thrasher3,
Hmmmm, I wonder if ours was from the same lot? Very reasonably priced, several lots of 10 that went fast!?
As I'm not home right now I can't tell you where online I found the update or version for that matter, but I downloaded it and it took less than a minute to update and it worked. It read a valid serial number, model and version. However as I recall it did not show any previous data just what appeared to be set-up data/ freqs.

Have you been able to program any other 6's with your setup? I knew my programming setup worked as I was able to program current 01.05 pagers, just not this real early version.
Don't get discouraged.... we'll try to help however I can.

thrasher3

I purchased mine as a single... I have used the same programming cradle to program multiple fire departments so I know the cradle works with current firmware... I am not patient so this is bothering me! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.