Minn Dpt of Pub Safety - Statewide 911 Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

digirato

Is the "Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Statewide 911 Talkgroups" group worthwhile listening to? Seems like it would be but I'm new to this so am unsure.

I missed it when picking groups to download because most of the description was truncated in the Freescan download group display.

If I should have it do I need to redownload the entire Armer system again to include it? Is there an easier way in Freescan to grab that one group and cut and paste it in or something like that?

TIA

johnmoe1

I don't think any of them are used a lot. This is what I see in the last 48 hours on these talkgroups in the metro area:
Chisago County (CHISAGO 911) 1:02.28 sec Hennepin West
* seemed like actual use, but my Hennepin West reception is not good.
Ramsey County 911 Access (RAMSEY 911) 0:04.68 sec Ramsey
* "Can you hear me?"
University of MN 911 (UM 911) 3:19.26 sec City Center
* lots of radio testing and a little actual use
Washington County (WASH CO 911) 1:23.34 sec Dakota East/Washington
* somebody asking the chief where to set up tables and some other conversation [the other side of both of these conversations was on some other talkgroup...]

stmills

U of MN 911 and Minneapolis St Paul Airport 911 are used fairly often by non LE department to contact PD dispatch- U of MN EMS use U MN 911 to contact dispatch, and at the Airport the non public safety users use it to contact dispatch

JASII

Memory Capacity
Minnesota Department Of Public Safety - Statewide 911 Talkgroups

Digirato,

One thing that I suggest to many radio hobbyists is to select their scanners to ID SEARCH or TRUNK SEARCH, rather than ID SCAN or TRUNK SCAN. The reason for that is because you just never know what unexpected talkgroups might affiliate with the system that you are monitoring. Granted, it can take a bit of locking out of talkgroups, at first. For example, not picking on them, but, frankly, I have very little interest in listening to Metro Mobility or Metro Transit most of the time. So, when I first start listening in the SEARCH mode, those talkgroups get locked out pretty quickly. Then, just listen and you might just be surprised what communications you hear that you may have missed if you were listening to just a finite number of talkgroups.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.