Minnapolis Police 2 on Hennepin East

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just returned from a trip to Minneapolis. We stayed in Bloomington just south of Mall of America. Wasn't able to receive the Minneapolis NS site there, apparently the mall blocked it on my portable.

Minneapolis Police 2 seemed to be carried on the Hennepin East site quite often. I first wondered if someone with a system radio had roamed into that area which resulted in MPD2 affiliating with Hennepin East. However it seemed to happen for several days which caused me some doubts on that.

Then I got to thinking perhaps if the Minneapolis site was overloaded, then traffic might have been diverted to the Hennepin site. However, if that was the case, I would have thought I would have heard other Minneapolis talkgroups and not just MPD2.

The only other thing I could come up with is that the 4th precinct is kind of tall and perhaps the northwest corner might be on the fringe of the Minneapolis site and they get a better signal from Hennepin East so that gets "selected" (which may be a variant of my first thought).

Can anyone enlighten me for sure?

Thanks!

mmtstc

Ø
It's always been channel 2 on Hennepin East. Not sure if it is so Brooklyn park and Brooklyn center can listen in for mutual aid or if it is a coverage issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
Minnapolis Police 2 On Hennepin East

...We stayed in Bloomington just south of Mall of America. Wasn't able to receive the Minneapolis NS site there, apparently the mall blocked it on my portable...

Seriously? What portable? I get it gangbusters in that area.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It was a 436 - same programming as the 536 that worked fine. We stayed on Killebrew Drive and I suspect the "radio shadow" of the Raddisson at the mall was the culprit. Could have been the building construction or perhaps something else generating just enough RF to de-sense the scanner. Even tried holding the scanner next to the window to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.