Minnesota National Guard to Conduct Flyovers Honoring those on COVID-19 Frontlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I'm planning to be near the capitol to photograph it. I was just thinking about the radio aspect this morning. Do we have any idea what frequency they might be using?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This was something the Kentucky air guard did a few days ago and was quite impressive. Very good photo/video opportunities for those who can make it.

JASII

Memory Capacity

stmills

I am monitoring the List linked above from the Duluth F16's and added these that were heard during SB52 used by Military and Federal Aircrafts:
I also have up my radio with UHF TV helicopter dispatch channels, and the VHF airband channels:
Viewing Flightradar24 I see 5 helicopters hovering around the perimeter of the Metro- I know at least some are the branded TV station helicopters.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Viewing Flightradar24 I see 5 helicopters hovering around the perimeter of the Metro- I know at least some are the branded TV station helicopters.
Most of those helicopters were mosquito control. A number of the TV branded helicopters are operated by Scotts Helicopter Service who uses them for their mosquito control contract. There has also been a lot of Army guard, State Patrol, and Life Link training flights in the past few weeks.

I didn't hear much of anything either. I was on top of the St Jos parking ramp and i think the RF up there played some role in that.

stmills

All 5 helicopters I was seeing were from Scotts, North Aircare and Lifelink were in and out of the area too. Looking at MMCD's twitter feed I pics of one of the Helicopters loading materials in the area they were hovering on Wednesday. 2 of the 5 I have identifed as News 2 as MMCD and 1 not sure. I know in the past the Media branded helicopters were also used for other jobs, but I believe that the MMCD helicopter can only be used for MMCD- FAA rules relating to Government Contracting of helicopters and operating under the Government agency flight rules which require the helicopters to be contracted for exclusive use by the government for a set period of time, I believe this would be the same as the contracted DNR helicopters.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I shot this last year with Sky 11 dropping pellets in Lino Lakes. So they're either using them exclusively for awhile or they haven't repainted this one.

Recently the only news helicopters I've seen on ADS-B have been 4 and 5. I do vaguely remember hearing that 4, 9, and 11 share a helicopter, but I don't know the accuracy of that.

Attachments

• Mosquito Control 07-04-2018 001.jpg
    Mosquito Control 07-04-2018 001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.